I5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first build, so bare with me.

I've successfully installed Sierra on my machine but for the life of me cannot get the ethernet on the mobo to work. I've tried all of the drivers provided in Multibeast to no avail. I've also tried installing the Realtek RTL811h Kext file via KextBeast.

Any ideas?

Ethernet card info from motherboard manual is below:

Intel I219-V Gigabit LAN
Realtek RTL811H Gigabit LAN

Any ideas?
The most common cause for this problem is the failure to disable SIP.

You can install the RealtekRTL8111.kext manually :

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.

The same procedure should apply for your other Ethernet port except that you should use IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

Last edited:
In /Library there is no Extensions folder. There is an Extensions folder in /System/Library however. Is that ok?

I tried deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist already. And in fact they have not returned to the SystemConfiguration file. Is that normal?

I've now installed the Kext file you reference via KextBeast again and I don't see any kext files appear after KextBeast completes a "Successful Installation".

You say I need IntelMausiEthernet.kext. Does the one(s) supplied in Multibeast not suffice?

Also, when I click on System Preference -> Network -> Add I get "Preferences Error - There was an error in Network preferences"

In /Library there is no Extensions folder.
Of course there is - Look again.

There is an Extensions folder in /System/Library however.
Is that ok?
No.

I tried deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist already. And in fact they have not returned to the SystemConfiguration file. Is that normal?
they will be recreated when you correctly install your network kext(s).

I've now installed the Kext file you reference via KextBeast again and I don't see any kext files appear after KextBeast completes a "Successful Installation".
No idea.

You say I need IntelMausiEthernet.kext. Does the one(s) supplied in Multibeast not suffice?
Probably the same one but you seem to be having problems with MultiBeast - Your choice.

Ok, I'm really doing my best to figure this out (and I really appreciate your help!) but I'm still stuck.

Since my op, I've re-installed a fresh copy of the OS to start fresh.

I've currently got the following kexts installed at Library/Extensions

IntelMausiEthernet.kext 2.4.0
RealtekRTL8111.kext 2.2.1

After installing each kext, I ran the terminal script like you said.

Since my first post, I realized that SIP was enabled and I have since changed that setting to disabled.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

One thing to note, when I run the kextcache command, I get a message of "incorrect permissions" on RealtekRTL811.kext and "invalid signature" on IntelMausiEthernet.kext. Is that normal? The permissions on Realtek are set to "user" - Read & Write instead of "system" like the rest of the kexts in that folder.

One thing to note, when I run the kextcache command, I get a message of "incorrect permissions" on RealtekRTL811.kext and "invalid signature" on IntelMausiEthernet.kext. Is that normal? The permissions on Realtek are set to "user" - Read & Write instead of "system" like the rest of the kexts in that folder.
Remove them and then install them correctly.
Afterwards you should rebuild the kernel cache :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

FakeSMC.kext and AppleHDA.kext also have invalid signatures. Do they need replaced as well?

The only place I can even find the AppleHDA.kext file is in S>L>E. Does it need deleted from there?

FakeSMC.kext and AppleHDA.kext also have invalid signatures. Do they need replaced as well?

The only place I can even find the AppleHDA.kext file is in S>L>E. Does it need deleted from there?
If you installed them incorrectly then they should be removed and reinstalled.

Note that if they say something like :
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed:
then that is normal and no cause for concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back