MMR

Motherboard
Asus H170I-Pro ITX
CPU
Intel I7 7700
Graphics
GTX 1060 6GB
Another newbie in town.

Hi there - first of all: i am (another) newbie to the hackitosh - so for those who are feed up by answer the same questions day per day, I absolutely understand you. This forum was quiet a big help and a great start into the topic.

But now the point has reached where i can't move forward thats why im starting this thread

Hardware:

- Asus H170i-Pro-3D

- I7 7700

- Samsung 960 Evo

- G-Skill DDR4-2400 Mem 16GB

- GTX 1060

- Wifi changed to Broadcom BCM94352Z

BIOS Settings done (handed by https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...upported-intel-based-pc.200564/#uefi_settings )

( at the moment iGPU with 64MB, also tried PCIE with installed GTX1060)

USB drive created with Unibeast for Sierra, UEFI.

Changed with clover:

- FakeCPUID to Skylake CPUID

Added IONVMeFamily.kext for 960 Evo, added lines alá Pike R. Alpha in Config

Starting engine, clover boot loader is coming up, starting installation, working like a charme, 960 eve recognised, lets go for it. Installation finished, reboot, finishing part II -> welcome to Mac OS X 10.12.5.

What the status:

• OS X installed
  • Whether Intel 630 or GTX1060, booth giving me signal via DP, less VRam in System of course
  • booth EthernetPorts working
  • Audio recognised
  • USB 3.0 recognised
  • 1800/2700 speed on AJA for NVMe, seems to be running fine

And now i stuck:

-whatever- i do, as soon as i create efi, i cant boot. I’M able to reboot with the USB several times, all fine.

When i run Multibeast 9.1.0 with Preset UEFi - cant boot anymore.

Just install Clover EUFI -> cant boot (even not with plugged USB)

I also tried things like just changing system definition or or or. Even w/ or w/o GTX 1060, still the same.

I’m able to install for example NvidiaWeb driver, and I’m able to reboot, everything installed but not usable because of missing kext at the moment.

By now i reinstalled the system likely often and tried different kext, so this is just the “per now” state - see picture

last i handled myself on this guide

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erra-on-200-series-kabylake-processor.218494/

without USB 3.0 Parts and just till PostInstall - im using USB 2.0 port

Im assuming that i do have problems with the NVMe (assert failed) - in my opinion it can't be the for not being allowed to boot anymore. But i might think its up to the config, because that one i nearly the same for all attempts of getting the Mac running.

I attached the plist and the kext and the picture from the -v boot from last try. They were all very very similar.

Cheers
Martin

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.3 KB · Views: 246
  • kext.jpeg
    kext.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_6837.JPG
    IMG_6837.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Another newbie in town.

Hi there - first of all: i am (another) newbie to the hackitosh - so for those who are feed up by answer the same questions day per day, I absolutely understand you. This forum was quiet a big help and a great start into the topic.

But now the point has reached where i can't move forward thats why im starting this thread

Hardware:

- Asus H170i-Pro-3D

- I7 7700

- Samsung 960 Evo

- G-Skill DDR4-2400 Mem 16GB

- GTX 1060

- Wifi changed to Broadcom BCM94352Z

BIOS Settings done (handed by https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...upported-intel-based-pc.200564/#uefi_settings )

( at the moment iGPU with 64MB, also tried PCIE with installed GTX1060)

USB drive created with Unibeast for Sierra, UEFI.

Changed with clover:

- FakeCPUID to Skylake CPUID

Added IONVMeFamily.kext for 960 Evo, added lines alá Pike R. Alpha in Config

Starting engine, clover boot loader is coming up, starting installation, working like a charme, 960 eve recognised, lets go for it. Installation finished, reboot, finishing part II -> welcome to Mac OS X 10.12.5.

What the status:

• OS X installed
  • Whether Intel 630 or GTX1060, booth giving me signal via DP, less VRam in System of course
  • booth EthernetPorts working
  • Audio recognised
  • USB 3.0 recognised
  • 1800/2700 speed on AJA for NVMe, seems to be running fine

And now i stuck:

-whatever- i do, as soon as i create efi, i cant boot. I’M able to reboot with the USB several times, all fine.

When i run Multibeast 9.1.0 with Preset UEFi - cant boot anymore.

Just install Clover EUFI -> cant boot (even not with plugged USB)

I also tried things like just changing system definition or or or. Even w/ or w/o GTX 1060, still the same.

I’m able to install for example NvidiaWeb driver, and I’m able to reboot, everything installed but not usable because of missing kext at the moment.

By now i reinstalled the system likely often and tried different kext, so this is just the “per now” state - see picture

last i handled myself on this guide

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erra-on-200-series-kabylake-processor.218494/

without USB 3.0 Parts and just till PostInstall - im using USB 2.0 port

Im assuming that i do have problems with the NVMe (assert failed) - in my opinion it can't be the for not being allowed to boot anymore. But i might think its up to the config, because that one i nearly the same for all attempts of getting the Mac running.

I attached the plist and the kext and the picture from the -v boot from last try. They were all very very similar.

Cheers
Martin

If that image is from booting to your NVMe, looks like you didn't implement NVMe correctly.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

@RehabMan : just for thinking the right way:

while i insert the kexttopatch entries for clover (which is one of the methods) and the NVMe is recognised in the Disk Utilities, i don't need to create the HackrNVMeFamily*.kext, right? This is another (maybe more safe for future updates) way ?!
I going to check about the practice part as soon as ill come back from the job in the 3 weeks.

See the plist as well - patches integrated but not a force to load the IONVMeFamily.kext.

@RehabMan : just for thinking the right way:

while i insert the kexttopatch entries for clover (which is one of the methods) and the NVMe is recognised in the Disk Utilities, i don't need to create the HackrNVMeFamily*.kext, right? This is another (maybe more safe for future updates) way ?!
I going to check about the practice part as soon as ill come back from the job in the 3 weeks.

See the plist as well - patches integrated but not a force to load the IONVMeFamily.kext.

Suggestion: Use the class-code spoof and HackrNVMeFamily from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back