Contribute
Register

ASUS GL752VW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends, I went mad and decided to make a fresh install of El Capitan on my NV752.
I followed again the "Booting OS X" guide, created an USB stick in both methods MBR and EFI, modified config.plist just for my HD530 to be recognized and installed everything on my HD, just the same steps as months ago.
Now when I boot from the HD just right after installation watch what happens:
I have no clues, tried various basic patches.
Maybe something changed in Clover? In my signature there's the Clover version that I used in November when I had no problems at boot time. I searched the forum for flashing screens at boot time but found no useful answer.

Attachments

• config.plist
    14.6 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Hello friends, I went mad and decided to make a fresh install of El Capitan on my NV752.
I followed again the "Booting OS X" guide, created an USB stick in both methods MBR and EFI, modified config.plist just for my HD530 to be recognized and installed everything on my HD, just the same steps as months ago.
Now when I boot from the HD just right after installation watch what happens:
I have no clues, tried various basic patches.
Maybe something changed in Clover? In my signature there's the Clover version that I used in November when I had no problems at boot time. I searched the forum for flashing screens at boot time but found no useful answer.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2017-03-07-19h40m58s284.jpg
    vlcsnap-2017-03-07-19h40m58s284.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 159
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Ok sorry for not being accurate enough.
I'm sending the zipped CLOVER folder, there are a few changes due to my NVMe boot disk both in ACPI/patched and config.plist, though I don't think this is the problem as one can read the boot log picure taken exactly before the screen starts flashig indefinitely.

Your profile is missing screen resolution. Please fix before your next reply.

Your profile is missing screen resolution. Please fix before your next reply.

If you mean the <key>ScreenResolution</key> <string>1920x1080</string> in config.plist, there are no improvements at all.
I have not fiddled with FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and it seems to me there are no parameters to change.

If you mean the <key>ScreenResolution</key> <string>1920x1080</string> in config.plist, there are no improvements at all.
I have not fiddled with FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and it seems to me there are no parameters to change.
Rehabman means to put in 1920x1080 in your hardware profile next to graphics (just after HD530 + GTX 950M)

woo! someone with the same laptop as me! :) did you get hdmi audio working? anyways, heres my config.plist that makes the hd530 graphics work good :)

Ok mates, problems with booting and other things solved.
@feartech , do you think is time for me to start working on a Sierra install?

hello fellas i have some problems with me laptop ios i just installed everything but bluetooth trackpad wifi and hdmi audio is missing i have read all post but maybe someone solve that issues? and can help with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back