UHD 620, 1920x1080
Hi, I have an Asus GL502VM. The laptop specs are these:

-Intel i7 6700hq (does not have igpu)
-Gtx 1060 6gb vram
-16gb ram
-1 tb ssd nvme (sabrent) + 1tb hdd
-Broadcom wifi (replaced)

The laptop is working fine but I have the next problems:

1) BIGGEST PROBLEM: Laptop screen dims (almost dark) when I unplug or plug the laptop. If I close the lid and open it again it restores back to previuous brightness. But this problem is really really annoying.
2) Elan 1200 trackpad is not working. DSDT is patched but does not work.
3) Battery status does not update on status bar, with HWmonitor I can see the real battery but I would like to fix it.
3) Can not change screen brightness, neither with keys nor on settings.On settings slider is not appearing. Note that my laptop brightness control is done with nvidia since it does not have igpu.
4) Can not see or control fan speed,would be great to be able to modify fan turn on/off values.
5) HDMI/HDMI audio does not work, I have not tried dp/hdmi since I dont have the cable.
6) Can not control keyboard brightness, it is always on at low level.

I think most of the fixes must be done on the acpi patched file.

If someone has this same laptop model or similar I would appreciate if could attach the complete EFI folder (with config.plis, acpi patched and all kext on efi/kext/other). I attach my complete efi folder and ioreg.

Would be great if together we could fix the problems so I could create a complete guide for this laptop.;):thumbup:

Attachments

• MacBook Jon Andoni ioreg.ioreg
    8.7 MB · Views: 87
  • EFI.zip
    35.8 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Hi, I have an Asus GL502VM. The laptop specs are these:

-Intel i7 6700hq (does not have igpu)
-Gtx 1060 6gb vram
-16gb ram
-1 tb ssd nvme (sabrent) + 1tb hdd
-Broadcom wifi (replaced)

The laptop is working fine but I have the next problems:

1) BIGGEST PROBLEM: Laptop screen dims (almost dark) when I unplug or plug the laptop. If I close the lid and open it again it restores back to previuous brightness. But this problem is really really annoying.
2) Can not change screen brightness, neither with keys nor on settings.On settings slider is not appearing. Note that my laptop brightness control is done with nvidia since it does not have igpu.
3) Can not see or control fan speed,would be great to be able to modify fan turn on/off values.
4) HDMI/HDMI audio does not work, I have not tried dp/hdmi since I dont have the cable.
5) Can not control keyboard brightness, it is always on at low level.

I think most of the fixes must be done on the acpi patched file.

If someone has this same laptop model or similar I would appreciate if could attach the complete EFI folder (with config.plis, acpi patched and all kext on efi/kext/other). I attach my complete efi folder and ioreg.

Would be great if together we could fix the problems so I could create a complete guide for this laptop.;):thumbup:
doubt you have many choices for screen control brightness with dedicated nvidia

you could try this:

doubt you have many choices for screen control brightness with dedicated nvidia

you could try this:
I have tried it but it does not work. Despite thta, what I want is native brightness control fix on DSDT, I would like to have all native fixed. If someone who understands well dsdt patches could help...

I have tried it but it does not work. Despite thta, what I want is native brightness control fix on DSDT, I would like to have all native fixed. If someone who understands well dsdt patches could help...
the guides are only relevant for intel graphics only

the guides are only relevant for intel graphics only
That is the reason why I would appreciate somebodies help. I know some people have managed to have brightness working on my same laptop, because they have said that on different forums. I have asked them but they do not answer my messages.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back