Contribute
Register

ASUS G75VW AS71 Mountain Lion Install Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, so scratch my last post.

After several failed attempts I decided to go back to unibeast and use the legacy usb support (duh...) I didn't think that it was for my problem as it says it's for lga 1155 mobos which mine is not. Never the less it worked.

But now I have a big issue. After the apple grey screen my computer's screen goes completely blank. It's on, but nothing is happening. I went to verbose mode and it seems fine. It appears as though it should be heading toward the install screen. I looked this issue up and I tried a few flags for booting (npci=0x3000 and pcirootuid=0 + others) but nothing works. Is this a kernel panic or what??? Was there any flags you guys had to use to boot up???? These computers should practically be the same right? So if I'm getting this issue does that mean it has something to do with my graphics card, since it is practically the only difference between the computers.

Thanks for any thoughts

Thanks for confirming our RAM problem.

About the "Still waiting for root device", it's because the installer is not detecting your USB 3.0 ports. I am almost sure the legacy support from Unibeast wasn't the fix. If this problem comes back again, either uninstall USB 3.0 drivers from Windows or reset BIOS settings then immediately boot into the Mac USB.

Then about the grey screen, you guessed right it's about the GPU. Check verbose mode again for "NVDAGF100Hal Loaded and registered". If it's not there, it means the drivers are not detecting the 670m, so you have to add the vendor and device IDs into the Info.plist of NVDAGF100Hal.kext. Repair the permissions on the USB and then try again.

Check if you can put an HDMI or VGA cable in your notebook, then boot, it is possible that your screen needs to be recognised, I had the same issues, blank screen, nothing going on.

For the boot issues: try to delete AppleHDA.kext and check if you can boot then, for me it was this issue.

I've replicated this - I can't boot from Unibeast either w/o selecting legacy USB. It doesn't activate the USB devices otherwise and then can't mount the root device off of the stick.

I also noticed that if you don't create exactly 1 partition, it won't mount either (say it's a 32 GB stick and you try to setup a Install partition and a Running partition). I may have to take a look at the scripts sometime and see if it can search for an optional volume name in addition to just a specific block device.

Interesting info, day85hh! Can somebody try his suggestion? I for one, don't have OS X installed anymore. If this works, it would mean the GPU drivers are fine and the screen is the problem.

Ok so.... I tried the monitor thing... didn't work. I don't think it has anything to do with apple HDA because it loads just fine.

Also I don't think its the Nvidia line because it also loads.

The first picture is the last text I see before the crash. (this is shown in less than a second)
The second picture is the nvidia correctly loading.

Any thoughts?
Personaly I think it has something still to do with the usb issue. But i very well could be wrong.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Before Blank Screen.JPG
    Before Blank Screen.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 1,684
  • nvdia kext.JPG
    nvdia kext.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 557
Then it seems you have the same problem as the G55VW users with the 660m: you can't get to the desktop unless you remove NVDAResman.kext and completely disable graphics. Sorry, there's nothing we can do about this at the moment...

I'll give it a shot and see. I'm not completely convinced that it's the nvidia kext, but it could be.
The reason I say this is that I get a bunch of IO USB errors. In my captures you see many of them.
But we'll find out in a minute.

Thanks for all the help

Finally!!!!!!!

So I removed the resman kext and It did boot up correctly. I got to the promised installation screen!

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this... But the journey does not end here. I got an installation error, this is probably because the fact that the drive is partitoned. I'll back up data and try again.

Thanks again everyone.

Ugh, sadly the installation is still failing. Just curious, after I delete the resman kext do I have to repair the permissions of the drive. If so how do I go about doing that, cause it's not the base system.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back