Contribute
Register

ASUS G751JT Losing Laptop Screen on HDMI Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS G751JT (Bios Revision 207) (CLOVER)
CPU
CPU : i7-4710HQ@ 2.50GHz / HM87
Graphics
GM204M [GeForce GTX 970M], Default Laptop Resolution : 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Everyone,

Looking forward to taking a bit more a active role in this community. I've stalked you guys for awhile, mainly hackintoshing various desktops over the years. About me , I'm a software engineer (mainly java, c, c++ , various web frontend languages and python. ) and embarrassingly I am beyond stuck with this issue. I have attempted just about every sane thing I could to fix this issue but cant seem to figure it out on my own.

THE ISSUE : Whenever I boot with HDMI plugged in, I make it to the login screen on the HDMI screen, but the laptop screen remains black.
Whenever i boot without HDMI plugged in, everything is fine until I plug in HDMI at that point it freezes the laptop screen and everything works perfectly on the external screen. (The laptop screen picture will stay exactly where it was when HDMI was plugged in.)
If i unplug after connecting HDMI there is no difference it just remains frozen, but oddly enough if i reconnect HDMI again the external screen will start working again.

WHAT I HAVE DONE TO DATE :
Complete Install of El Capitan 10.11.5
------This worked with just me adding nv_disable=1 and the other normal boot flags, after install was complete I installed the newest version of the Nvidia Web Drivers.
On reboot I had full graphics acceleration and only had to add the nv_driver=1 (i don't remember this exact command ? format escaping me) to get it.
After I had decent screen quality I proceeded to patch my DSDT and SSDT.
Patched DSDT from Clover F4 dump.

This fixed Battery status for me, along with A bunch of other various fixes such as replacing GFX0 with IGPU, and pretty much all the --other normal patches that are listed within the installation guide for these laptops.
Patched all SSDT's from Clover F4 Dump,
Ran the ssdtPrGen.sh script to create myself a SSDT for power management. Placed it in the CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory and voila power management was running.

NOTE : If anyone from online reads this make sure you actually drop all tables for CPU power management but not anything else, also make sure the order of your SSDTs being loaded is 0, SSDT(the one from Pike's script) then the others in numerical order. (Obviously not counting the ones your dropping.)

So basically what I have working :
Touchpad and Keyboard
: Using AppleSmartPad.kext because I have a elan touchpad, I really wish i had Synaptics this kext has the strangest documentation.
Full Graphics Acceleration : After install I installed the Nvidia Web Drivers and after was fine in this regard.
Wi-Fi and BlueTooth : Fully working I have a BCM4352 from Broadcom, just followed Rehabman's guide to installing the kexts/patches necessary in clover to get everything going.
DVD Reader / Recorder : Fully working Out Of Box
Webcam : Fully working Out Of Box
USB 3.0 : Fully working, this machine has the Intel 8 Series Chipset so I'm not sure it was necessary or what-not but i enabled the fixes for it in my DSDT and in Clover I am using Fix Ownership Flag, USB Id, and the other one.
CPU Power Management : Fully working thanks to Pike's ssdtPrGen.sh
Battery Status and Management : Thanks to the patch to DSDT for the G75xx in Rehabman's repository.
FN Keys : Most of the function keys work without any real issues had to install the AsusFnKeys kext and the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad one.

I am attaching all the system information from various commands on my Linux Box, My Clover Bootfolder which contains my F4 dump, my patched amls and the kexts I am injecting.

Hope this doesn't turn into a dead thread.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys, and thanks for taking the time to read my long winded post.

Attachments

• INFORMATION.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 96
It should be noted, that the VoodooPS2 Kext from Rehabman did give me a fully working keyboard and mouse, I just wanted the use of my function keys and such so I went with the other guy's stuff.

Also I just installed the RealtekRT8111.kext with multibeast to get Ethernet working as well.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hello Sir !
Dang I'm glad you replied tot his thread, I know you normally don't deal with Nvidia but I could definitely use your help here.
I updated my signature as instructed. I know I've seen you say that a hundred times, just figured with LSHW info in the zip it wouldn't be a problem, after rethinking though I realized no one could expect you to read through all that garbage, so my bad boss.

Either way, what do you think about this HDMI nonsense ?

I understand, any resource you can point me too ?
I've tried using inject EDID but that didn't work out for me.

Also if you know a resource to get my audio working without VoodooHda that would be amazing as well.

So to update others coming this way, if you do a ioreg and evaluate the output before you connect a screen you will see your internal monitor connected and working fine same for the displays screen.

As soon as you connect that HDMI cable your external screen will be in ioreg with edid info as well but your internal screen will freeze and not change picture until you reboot. You will no longer see the internal screen in the displays section of configuration however.

If anyone finds the solution to this I'd be grateful .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back