Contribute
Register

Asus G750JM Graphics Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RehabMan,

it's frustrating. I'm trying to make the onboard sound work (HDEF device, ALC282) with AppleALC, but injecting results in no login screen. IOReg shows HDEF and HDAU so the patches from config.plist are working. Is the HDEF conflicting with something after injection and activating AppleALC? In my first try with DSDT customization it worked - I added during DSDT customization a _DSM method with your Audio layout 3 patch. Without this patch there is no _DSM method in the original DSDT. Could this be the problem?

Any hint how to isolate the problem? Currently I switched every HDEF inj-ection off to be able to login.

Regards
Michael

You must attach PR files that represent the problem scenario.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Please see the attached PR.

In the meantime I made some observations.

1. Deactivating CSM boots but the login screen is garbled. EDID injection doesn't help. Therefore I activated CSM again. Some days before I've activated the audio device with a different environment: more patches in DSDT/SDDT and CSM disabled. I don't know CSM is playing a role or not. But CSM help to get a working login screen.

2. Injection the HDEF layout-id with different values (currently 13) works, but only with adding HDEF device-id=20 8c 00 00.

<dict>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>
IIwAAA==
</data>
<key>layout-id</key>
<integer>13</integer>
</dict>

But I also change with this propertiy the HDAU layout-id. Seems strange to me. Is this correct? I disabled AppleALC.kext with the boot parameter -alcoff just to be able to login with this injection.

Regards
Michael

Attachments

• debug_16571.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Please see the attached PR.

You implied you cannot boot, but yet you attach ioreg which implies you can.
Which is it?
What is the issue?

I mean I can only successfully boot after adding -alcoff in the boot parameter string (which disables AppleALC.kext).

Regards
Michael

I mean I can only successfully boot after adding -alcoff in the boot parameter string (which disables AppleALC.kext).

Regards
Michael

I don't see where you attached verbose boot photo for failed boot.
Please read the FAQ carefully.

Keep in mind you must inject the *same* layout-id on HDEF and HDAU.

Hello RehabMan,

the problem with the internal sound is solved and I don't know exactly why :)

I reactivated my first installation at the beginning of our discussion.
This installation was mainly based on DSDT/SSDT customization but the HD4600 didn't work as expected (7 MB VRAM).
On the other side the internal sound worked... and I remembered the necessary activation of CSM in UEFI.
This and the correct ig-platform-id plus the right properties was the solution. The essential features are working now.

Open tasks are Power Management, Backlight, Handoff (which worked with my configuration from yesterday), Trackpad, special Keys (Fn), USB ports (not every port works with attached storage), HDMI, Display Port, internal card reader (USB attached). May be I forgot something but all these tasks are not a showstopper for using this laptop. It works great.

Thank You for your help
Michael

Attachments

• debug_17637.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I continued to work on my configuration and reached a nearly perfect Asus PowerBook Pro 17" :)
What works: BT, Handoff, Wifi/5GHz, Audio, Cardreader, Webcam, USB, Touchpad, Brightness, Night Shift.
But there are some small details, which I would like to improve.

The current target is the battery. The battery management works in general, but a "Service Battery" warning shows up.
The Cycle Count in System Information is "0".

I used the battery patch for Asus G75VW and and the result of this patch looks correct to me.

BTW - should I open new thread for battery questions?

Regards
Michael

Attachments

• debug_25612.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I continued to work on my configuration and reached a nearly perfect Asus PowerBook Pro 17" :)
What works: BT, Handoff, Wifi/5GHz, Audio, Cardreader, Webcam, USB, Touchpad, Brightness, Night Shift.
But there are some small details, which I would like to improve.

The current target is the battery. The battery management works in general, but a "Service Battery" warning shows up.
The Cycle Count in System Information is "0".

I used the battery patch for Asus G75VW and and the result of this patch looks correct to me.

BTW - should I open new thread for battery questions?

Regards
Michael

Off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back