Contribute
Register

Asus G750JM Graphics Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Rehabman,

I made progress with the open tasks but I don't get a way to get the ALC282 working. In my first try (see this thread) I had success but now it simply doesn't work. macOS doesn't see the ALC282 and I didn't fully understand the problem.
I'm using AppleALC. IOReg shows:

HDAU@3: layout-id=<07 00 00 00>
HDEF@1B: layout-id=<07 00 00 00>

In config.plist I made the following entry (with different values, e.g. 3 and 7 and as a last try "detect").

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<integer>7</integer>
</dict>
</dict>

Additionally I added to the boot string "alcid=3" (now disabled because otherwise the apple symbol remains forever on the screen, ssh works).
I used the Audio Layout 3 patch but again - it was not possible to login anymore. Therefore I removed the _DSM method.

Of course I made something wrong (beginning with a lack of understanding). Could you please give me a hint how to fix this?

Regards
Michael

Attachments

• debug_4327.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I have G750JW with a working config.plist for alc282. give me a bit and ill upload. what gpu's are in there?

Hello Rehabman,

I made progress with the open tasks but I don't get a way to get the ALC282 working. In my first try (see this thread) I had success but now it simply doesn't work. macOS doesn't see the ALC282 and I didn't fully understand the problem.
I'm using AppleALC. IOReg shows:

HDAU@3: layout-id=<07 00 00 00>
HDEF@1B: layout-id=<07 00 00 00>

In config.plist I made the following entry (with different values, e.g. 3 and 7 and as a last try "detect").

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<integer>7</integer>
</dict>
</dict>

Additionally I added to the boot string "alcid=3" (now disabled because otherwise the apple symbol remains forever on the screen, ssh works).
I used the Audio Layout 3 patch but again - it was not possible to login anymore. Therefore I removed the _DSM method.

Of course I made something wrong (beginning with a lack of understanding). Could you please give me a hint how to fix this?

Regards
Michael

Look at your config.plist/Devices/Properties content... you have layout-id commented as #layout-id.

Look over this plist. It works on my machine. I haven't looked at you files, but check your DSDT patching too.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
The #layout-Id was intended to make it inactive. I try to find the right id with “-alcid=id” in the boot options.
The ids 3 and 7 ended with the apple logo, no graphical login possible but ssh from my iPad.
Again - in IOReg the layout-is of HDEF and HDAU are both <07 00 00 00>. I would expect this (7) as the right parameter for alcid, but there is a problem.

What’s the logical way to solve this problem? Trying every possible alcid?

From AppleALC Wiki:
Realtek ALC282 0x100003, layout 3, 4, 13, 27, 28, 29, 76, 86, 127 12 (10.8) —

Regards
Michael

The #layout-Id was intended to make it inactive. I try to find the right id with “-alcid=id” in the boot options.
The ids 3 and 7 ended with the apple logo, no graphical login possible but ssh from my iPad.
Again - in IOReg the layout-is of HDEF and HDAU are both <07 00 00 00>. I would expect this (7) as the right parameter for alcid, but there is a problem.

What’s the logical way to solve this problem? Trying every possible alcid?

From AppleALC Wiki:
Realtek ALC282 0x100003, layout 3, 4, 13, 27, 28, 29, 76, 86, 127 12 (10.8) —

Regards
Michael

"-alcid" is not a valid kernel flag for AppleALC. Perhaps you meant to use the correct flag "alcid"?

Must read documentation carefully, or at least become familiar with conventions. With kernel flags, boolean "switch" kernel flags generally use a dash prefix. But kernel flags that "have a value" do not use a dash prefix.

I have G750JW with a working config.plist for alc282. give me a bit and ill upload. what gpu's are in there?

GPUs: GTX 860M (Optimus, therefore not usable) + HD 4600

"-alcid" is not a valid kernel flag for AppleALC. Perhaps you meant to use the correct flag "alcid"?

Must read documentation carefully, or at least become familiar with conventions. With kernel flags, boolean "switch" kernel flags generally use a dash prefix. But kernel flags that "have a value" do not use a dash prefix.

You are right - it was a typo in the reply. I used alcid=7 without prefix.

You are right - it was a typo in the reply. I used alcid=7 without prefix.

That is a valid way to test various layout-id values easily from within Clover options.

Yeah - it is much less work to test the values but it never boots until the graphical login. fsck is my friend ... :-/

IOReg of HDAU and HDEF without alcid in boot string and DCPIManager
Does this help?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-24 um 22.20.18.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-24 um 22.20.18.png
    310.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-24 um 22.20.08.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-24 um 22.20.08.png
    312.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-24 um 22.26.24.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-24 um 22.26.24.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 85