i7-4700HQ / HM87
Graphics
GTX 860M + HD4600, 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello together,

I try to get Mojave 10.14.1 on my G750JM and have problems with HD 4600 graphics (Optimus, therefore no Nvidia).

I've created Properties (Clover->Devices) for the HD 4600 with FBPatcher and had some progress to get rid of my initial 7 MB VRAM problem. Now its 1536 MB VRAM (should be correct but maybe in a wrong way) but the screen is totally disturbed.

A remote session from my Mac Pro works but I can "paint" with the mouse (not good, see the attached screenshot) :)

I'm pretty sure my customized ACPI files are not 100% correct, but the laptop works good enough (exception: graphics).

I hope someone can help me.

Regards
Michael

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-22 um 20.35.24.png
Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-22 um 20.35.24.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-22 um 20.37.00.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-22 um 20.37.20.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-22 um 20.37.35.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-22 um 20.37.53.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-22 um 20.38.05.png

Attachments

• debug_13387.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Hello together,

I try to get Mojave 10.14.1 on my G750JM and have problems with HD 4600 graphics (Optimus, therefore no Nvidia).

I've created Properties (Clover->Devices) for the HD 4600 with FBPatcher and had some progress to get rid of my initial 7 MB VRAM problem. Now its 1536 MB VRAM (should be correct but maybe in a wrong way) but the screen is totally disturbed.

A remote session from my Mac Pro works but I can "paint" with the mouse (not good, see the attached screenshot) :)

I'm pretty sure my customized ACPI files are not 100% correct, but the laptop works good enough (exception: graphics).

I hope someone can help me.

Regards
Michael

View attachment 367240 View attachment 367240 View attachment 367242 View attachment 367243 View attachment 367244 View attachment 367245 View attachment 367246

Start with a plist from the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hello Rehabman,

is it really necessary to start at the beginning? I've startet with everything I found especially from your postings and guides and ended with the attached result. Does it make sense to step back with the config.plist some days before - which worked but only with 7 MB VRAM (=slow graphics)? I revert back to this config.plist and attached everything on this posting.

If that’s not the right way to fix it I will start from the beginning - just let me know.
And a great thank you for your help.

Regards
Michael

Attachments

• debug_13550.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Hello Rehabman,

is it really necessary to start at the beginning? I've startet with everything I found especially from your postings and guides and ended with the attached result. Does it make sense to step back with the config.plist some days before - which worked but only with 7 MB VRAM (=slow graphics)? I revert back to this config.plist and attached everything on this posting.

If that’s not the right way to fix it I will start from the beginning - just let me know.
And a great thank you for your help.

Regards
Michael

Please use a config.plist from the guide as a starting point.

Hello Rehabman,

I selected this one: config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist and after some customizing (no Nvidia, no ATI, no ACPI patches, no Drop Tables) I configured ig-platform-ids=0xa260006 (HD4400/HD4600/HD5000), Fake ID IntelGFX=0x04128086 and marked Inject Intel. Of course I'm using in my setup my customized ACPI tables from my first posting. The result is a disturbed screen. Any hint?

My local time is 0:14 - I will be back in about 9 hours. Have a nice day.

Regards
Michael

Hello Rehabman,

I selected this one: config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist and after some customizing (no Nvidia, no ATI, no ACPI patches, no Drop Tables) I configured ig-platform-ids=0xa260006 (HD4400/HD4600/HD5000), Fake ID IntelGFX=0x04128086 and marked Inject Intel. Of course I'm using in my setup my customized ACPI tables from my first posting. The result is a disturbed screen. Any hint?

My local time is 0:14 - I will be back in about 9 hours. Have a nice day.

Regards
Michael

Your customizations to config.plist are wrong.
Use the plist as-is.

Hello Rehabman,

ok - I’m try the as-is config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist.
The system boots but the login screen is disturbed.
No ssh available because WiFi and Ethernet is not working.

Regards
Michael

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 113
Hello Rehabman,

ok - I’m try the as-is config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist.
The system boots but the login screen is disturbed.
No ssh available because WiFi and Ethernet is not working.

Regards
Michael

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

But...
Make sure legacy boot/CSM is enabled (as written in the guide).

Hello Rehabman,

I've enabled CSM in the UEFI-Settings now (I thought that was not necessary...).
Then I renamed the patched folder to patched.disabled and ...

I'm impressed! Most of the stuff worked out of the box, especially the graphics works as expected.

Graphics: ok (Intel HD Graphics 4600 with 1536 MB VRAM)
Ethernet: ok
Wifi: ok
Bluetooth: ok
Touchpad: ok after login
Builtin Webcam: ok

The most important thing first: THANK YOU for your help. I'm really impressed.

Does this mean some of my ACPI changes were wrong? Sounds frustrating...
Is the CSM enabling really necessary? What is the reason for this?

Do I have to start automatically during boot VoodooPS2Daemon? I didn’t find the binary outside of the kext.

To further optimize my system, what do you suggest?

I would like to replace the patching stuff with changes in the DSDT/SSDT files, but I'm not so sure anymore since today.
Open tasks for me are now: Disable Nvidia, Battery, Power Management, Keyboard specifics, Touchpad specifics.

The selected model is now MacBookPro 11,1. I used formerly MacBookPro 11,2.
Does it makes a difference?

Are the Nvidia + ATI properties in Devices necessary?
Are the KernelToPatch settings necessary?

Some DSDT patches are active in the config.plist.
Do I have to change some settings to activate Lilu with plugins?

My L/E folder contains currently:

CPIBatteryManager.kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
ACS6x.kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
AirportBrcmFixup.kext HighPointIOP.kext
AppleALC.kext HighPointRR.kext
ArcMSR.kext Lilu.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext PromiseSTEX.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext SoftRAID.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext USBInjectAll.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
EnergyDriver.kext WhateverGreen.kext
FakeSMC.kext

Regards
Michael

Attachments

• debug_2042.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Does this mean some of my ACPI changes were wrong? Sounds frustrating...

Probably. ACPI guide is linked from the FAQ...

Is the CSM enabling really necessary? What is the reason for this?

BIOS does extra initialization that seems to be required by macOS.

Do I have to start automatically during boot VoodooPS2Daemon? I didn’t find the binary outside of the kext.

Huh?
VoodooPS2Daemon is deprecated, not used, not built anymore.

To further optimize my system, what do you suggest?

Depends on the issue(s) you're having.
Work on one thing at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back