Graphics
Nvidia GTX 560M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm having trouble on installing MAC OSX Lion on my laptop. I followed a heck of a lot of tutorials and instructions and still nothing. I tried unibeast as well and still nothing. If anyone who has been able to install MAC onto an Asus G74SX, please respond. I greatly appreciate the help. I have learned so much on how to do this, but yet unsuccessful in getting it installed. If necessary, I found out that I have a sandy bridge type motherboard. Here is a link of what specs I have on my laptop, http://rog.asus.com/notebook/17-inch/g74sx/ . If you need detail specs, let me know too. Thanks again to anyone who can answer this question of mine.

G'day mate,

Laptops can be notoriously difficult to get up,

you have to be a little more explanitory , eg., what stage you get to b4 it crashes ( white screen, black screen , pointer ,no pointer etc.),
and what process you've used to get there,

just some advice, make shure your in AHCI mode and install onto a second drive,
install paragon HFS on your windows side so you can see the mac drive and edit it from windows,
and above all 'Failure is not an option' keep pushing, you will get there. giyf!!

yours, pipco

Ok, the stage I get with when I'm using unibeast is that the apple logo shows up and after awhile it gives me a stop sign. I'm not sure what that means at all. Also I made sure that the bios is correct for the usage of doing the MAC setup. Unless there could be something I may be missing.

G,day,

Like i said, these questions are pretty ambiguous, there is no way of knowing what you have done to get where you are,
it sounds to me like a hardware problem, you didn't confirm if your hdd setting is NOT IDE, it must be AHCI,
to search for similar problems as your own type into google something like "get to apple logo then stop sign tonymac"
always end your queries with tonymac at the end, and make sure you have followed this guide = http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html , to the letter.

pipco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back