Motherboard
ASUS 74SX OSX 10.9.5
CPU
i7 2670qm
Graphics
NVidia 560M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I've got a Asus G74SX with Clover 4097 installed on it, 2 HDD's, one for windows, one for OSX.

I boot through clover to OSX mavericks with no issues, aside from videos on the internet crash my computer. Looking to upgrade to sierra to get a driver for my Nvidia 560M as the older drivers are no where to be found for 10.9.5 that work.

I'm deployed and use my hack osx for imessage for communication, so to prevent bricking my install with bad internet I created a partition on my "OSX" drive to test out sierra to be safe it will work. Eventually the plan is to delete the additional partition and go live with sierra on my working 10.9.5 version.

I used CCC to clone my Mavericks install to the partition, it says it can't find a recovery partition, and also a couple kext's arent from the developer but still transferred.

Everytime I boot into it it either crashes(without -x) or boots to a black screen(nv_disable=1 fixes it), oddly my working 10.9.5 on the main partition goes to the black screen after booting to the other partition and nv_disable=1 lets me boot, I repair permissions and its good to go again.

Do I need an additional EFI partition?

Do I have too Many Kexts?(237, a smart hackintosher helped me set it up back in the day)

I've forced OSX Sierra to install on the other partition, clover boot loader shows the install button, I click it but it crashes. I think I have something going on with my setup that I need to fix before trying to install sierra so the install wont fail.

Am I trying to do something crazy? Trying to learn as best I can without bricking my imessage setup for talking to family back home.

Attachments

• Asus CPU.png
    Asus CPU.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 316
  • bootlog.log.txt
    30.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Motherboard.png
    Motherboard.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 316
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 7.29.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 7.29.56 PM.png
    511.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 2.17.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 2.17.58 AM.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 7.30.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 7.30.42 PM.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 235
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 7.30.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 7.30.55 PM.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
I've got a Asus G74SX with Clover 4097 installed on it, 2 HDD's, one for windows, one for OSX.

I boot through clover to OSX mavericks with no issues, aside from videos on the internet crash my computer. Looking to upgrade to sierra to get a driver for my Nvidia 560M as the older drivers are no where to be found for 10.9.5 that work.

I'm deployed and use my hack osx for imessage for communication, so to prevent bricking my install with bad internet I created a partition on my "OSX" drive to test out sierra to be safe it will work. Eventually the plan is to delete the additional partition and go live with sierra on my working 10.9.5 version.

I used CCC to clone my Mavericks install to the partition, it says it can't find a recovery partition, and also a couple kext's arent from the developer but still transferred.

Everytime I boot into it it either crashes(without -x) or boots to a black screen(nv_disable=1 fixes it), oddly my working 10.9.5 on the main partition goes to the black screen after booting to the other partition and nv_disable=1 lets me boot, I repair permissions and its good to go again.

Do I need an additional EFI partition?

Do I have too Many Kexts?(237, a smart hackintosher helped me set it up back in the day)

I've forced OSX Sierra to install on the other partition, clover boot loader shows the install button, I click it but it crashes. I think I have something going on with my setup that I need to fix before trying to install sierra so the install wont fail.

Am I trying to do something crazy? Trying to learn as best I can without bricking my imessage setup for talking to family back home.

Keep in mind Nvidia on Sierra requires carefully selected SMBIOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back