nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1.5GB VRAM
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody !
Until yesterday all that I was looking for was already on this forum or on internet, but now I request a little of your help to finalise my installation.
I was trying to install Lion since about a month or two but all i tried didn't work. Finally it's done and I passed the famous "PCI Configuration Begin" however there is still some bugs.

When it will be finished i would like to do a tutorial for this kind of computer ! =)

First, when booting, it seems to be stuck at "PCI Configuration Begin", nothing is written after this line, but after a couple of seconds (if there is no bug) the boot is complete and I can open my session normally. I must look in /private/var/log/kernel.log to access the history of the boot..
For making stuff working I looked everywhere on the net, especially here and i also tried here.

What actually works :
Processor, hard disk, nVidia GeForce GTX 460m (with full acceleration :D), onboard audio speaker and mic, ethernet, webcam (with the last version of CamTwist) and USB 3 !

Nevertheless, I don't know why but the multitouch on my touchpad doesn't work anymore, the double finger scroll don't work. I saw it working before, I think it's until the 10.7.3 update.. I tried some VoodooPS2Controller kext but nothing work better :( Any idea ?

Also the backlighted keyboard don't work, and the fn+Fx buttons are causing some randoms Kernel Panic... :/ the only shortcut that work is for power off/on the screen.

For onboard audio it partially works. In fact the S/PDIF output dont work at all. Even if the output emit a red light, the audio player (iTunes or a flash player like Youtube) sucks, the seconds are processing very slowly, and no sound come from my decoder...
By the way the HDMI audio don't work but I saw a post on the forum and I will look at it after i solve the others problems cause i don't often use it.

For my wireless card i heard it can be properly working under Lion by editing the DSDT (seen here) but i'm not good enough to understand all the process and if someone with the same configuration already edited his DSDT i prefer to pick his one, i'm a little bit afraid with this manipulation ^^ (however i would really like to know how to do, in order to help developing)

One last thing, if anyone understand why nothing is written after the "PCI Configuration Begin" lineon boot, it's not blocking, but when it doesn't boot i'm waiting and i don't know if it's stuck on something or not :(

For information, i currently use this dsdt (but i don't remember where i picked it.. i think something here)

P.S. : English is not my native language however i do lot of efforts, so please be indulgent on my grammar :)

Thank you !

Thank you for replying !

Woah if i could have almost everything working like you it would be great !

Can you upload your kext/extension folder & eventually your DSDT ? I will search internet on how to modify DSDT because i don't understand very well how it works..

I've noticed that under Snow leopard my touchpad works very well with two-fingers touch so i don't know why with the same kext it doesn't work under Lion :(

For the mic, with the latest VoodooHDA for Lion (the 0.2.7.3 version) I've noted that with the modification for the horrible feedback by editing the info.plist file, the sound was working AND the mic too !
But because of some instability causing some random kernel panic and some kernel panics at boot, i've deleted it. I would like to help you but because of my capricious graphic card i don't have any information yet, my computer just get stuck and nothing is recorded in the kernel log :/

Oh yeah, that rocks ! Now the backlighted keyboard, the audio and the sleep fonction seems to work correctly ! Thanks so much =)

I've spend the day to find how to fix the mic but any voodooHDA i tested cause kernel panic, even a modified one used only to enable the mic... But i'm sure it's possible, I saw it working with another kext so we'll find a way to get it working !

For the USB 3, mine is working with PXHCD.kext. I've attached it if you want. However i've noticed random kernel panic when I plug/un-plug my mouse several time in a row..

Just three remarks :

- My Fn+Fx keys doesn't work, I can get the lighted keyboard by pressing 2 times the light on/off switch but it's impossible to change neither the screen backlight, nor the keyboard backlight, nor the sound volume :/ Did this work with you ?

- The wi-fi seems to partially work because I receive my wireless networks but i'm unable to connect to it. It always says that connection timed out. It's a WPA protected network. Any idea ?

- When i boot, it's impossible to have a 1366x768 graphic resolution, even with the key "Graphics Mode" and the string "1366x768x32". Can it be fixed or not ?

Thank you !

Edit : I forgot it but when Waking up the computer, the audio works only if something is plugged-in, the integrated speakers don't emit any sound.

Attachments

• PXHCD.kext.zip
    210.1 KB · Views: 160
Ok that's why I couldn't boot with the both :p

For the resolution I mean it's incorrect only before boot, from the selection of the operating system (it's in 1024x768) to the Session login where it becomes good.

The only thing that is not yet working is the Fn button for the sound control, but never mind, I put it in the cosmetic details.

Thanks for Shades, it's particular but it works so that's not so bad =)

I'll make the tuto in the week ! Thank you for everything, i won't forget your name in the presentation and in the credits ;)

Oh and I'm going to try this new kext right now :D
Edit : It works :D Well done !

Yes that's it ! It works now. :).
There is still the pre-boot 1024x768 resolution but I think it's because the native resolution 1366x768 is not in the VESA 3.0 configuration of the nVidia GTX 460m :/
I'll try to find if there is a way to configure the brightness of the screen like in Snow leopard (i saw it working before) If I can make it work, it would be perfect :D

Sorry for my long absence, i've been sick and i've a lot of work for the moment so i couldn't do the tutorial I wanted to do. I'll be working on it this week-end ! (I hope)

@mbenjoy, you should open a new post in this section if it's not already done.
When installing Mac Os X, click on the "personalize" button and deselect all audio kext, they are not fully compatible with this laptop. After, be sure to boot with :
cpus=8 busratio=13 GraphicsEnabler=No -v
for Mac Os X Snow leopard or GraphicsEnabler=Yes for Lion. In the end, you can pick the dsdt and the kexts posted in this topic to have a pretty working laptop =) Or you can wait this weekend I finish the tutorial with all working kext for this laptop ^^

Hope it will work ! Good luck ;)

Yes, it's coming ! Sorry i'm late about this ^^ I Tried to re-install Lion to check if this was working but i encountered a bug so I'll try to fix it ASAP, and after I'll publish the tutorial ;)

noob update - ok I'm fully functioning except the audio. Anyone have any help w/ that?

I tried VoodooHDA - got a KP
I tried Slayer's edited AppleHDA.kext - doesnt affect system at all

Try to update to 10.7.3 and then put the kexts AND the dsdt from the tutorial I made in the right folders as it's said. It should work correctly after that :)

Wonderfully done, I am following your work to come by OSX 10.9.3 working on my Asus G53, with nv_disable=1, sound now works fine following your guide for 10.7 and other kext guids from 10.8 . Thank you sooo much :headbang::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back