Contribute
Register

Asus G53JW Mountain Lion Installation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened to me a few times, and as soon as i fixed the blue screen problem since the new nvidia drivers, the fermi freeze problem was back. BTW, did you use the nvidia 550Ti guide hints to install them on 10.8.2 ?
What i noticed when on 10.7.4 is that i could reduce the fermi freeze issues by 70% when preventing the GC from getting to state 3 with AGPM (seems thats where it often occurs).

Yes after installing 10.8.2, I followed the 550Ti guide to install the new Nvidia drivers plus OpenCL fix. Then I got a freeze. Then I installed your modified AGPM kext attached in your post here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tain-lion-installation-thread.html#post393604, and had freezes also.

Finally I reverted back to 10.8.1 CCC backup with the new Nvidia drivers and get an occasional beachball spinning freeze. But, like you said, it is less often than in 10.7.4.

I tried your kexts, sadly, the same problem had occurred again. After that, I knew it had to do with boot sleep image, also, I added the following command " ForceWake=Yes" and then your kexts worked perfectly, I switched back to mountain Lion audio Kexts and I confirm, they work :).

I DONT TAKE ANY CREDITS FOR THE ATTACHMENT.

hf.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
Is that ok if the Frequencies always stay at 1833MHz and CPU package multiplier stay at 13x? The temperature still change.

A few questions :
-What SmBios are you using ?
-Is generate P states and C states activated in Chameleon.plist ?
-Did you patch AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement ?
-What bootloader are you using ?

The frequency is correct for that multiplying ratio, but it should go to x14 as well.

Actually, it's x14 (change between x7 and x14 base on CPU usage) before I used the SSDT for I7 from MultiBeast. I installed that SSDT because my machine run very laggy when I use Final Cut Pro, and the temperature is very high (above 70C) when the CPU usage only 2-3% (in idle it's 65-67C). After apply that DSDT, the temperature was lower (really low, about 5x-60C when idle and 65-68C when CPU load = 10-15%). I think that really good, except that now the Frequencies and Multiplier stuck at x13!

My SMBIOS is 6,2
C and C states already activated.
I didn't patched AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement.kext
and I use the lastest Chimera bootloader :D

I think that the problem comes from the SSDT files from multibeast, they are specific to sandy bridge i7 processors. I extracted all my ssdt files and used them without generating P and C states from Chameleon, there was no Benchmark difference. In my case, i use the autodetection feature from chimera and it works perfectly ( same CPU benchmark scores from Windows to Mac Osx).
If needed i can attach the SSDTs, but it won't make any difference from the auto detection.
Let me know.

Edit: on idle, my CPU temps are around 47 degrees C.

I don't know the problem with my Laptop, the benchmark score really low (31 with Luxmark). Can you upload your SSDT, your AIPM.kext and maybe your chameleon.boot too?. Or all kext you need for you machine :D. Thank you very much :D

Edit: yes, I know the CPU Multiplier stuck in x13 is because of the SSDT. But is it ok? In long term, will it destroy my Laptop :(?

Ok here you go, included all the SSDT tables to copy to the Extra Folder (disable Generate P/C states when using them), my extra folder and AICPM (i don't think you will need it, its an unmodified 10.8.2 one).
Let me know how it goes.

hi, thank for helping me :D. I tried yours and it didn't work. Everything is the same, the temperature still high :(

Do you have any other 3rd party software running in your system (ex. Paragon NTFS) ? Maybe that's the cause.
P.S : I've been trying yesterday with several smbios versions (from MacPro 3,1 to Imac 12,2) and with some of them it actually stop at x13, check that too!

Also what are your Cinebench scores guys for the GPU ? Are you experiencing sluggish videos on youtube or other flash video websites ?
I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers for 10.8.2 with the latest cuda, and the QI/CL patch, Cinebench score 28.45 (Windows 7 64bits = 32.50) and still, many videos on youtube are annoyingly laggy (like a lag every sec).

Thanks!

Actually, i'm using SMBIOS 6,1. That's because 6,2 make my mouse (a Razer DeathAdder) become laggy (it keep jumping in a few second). I spent a lot of time to find out, and it lead to the SMBIOS, so I have to use the 6,1. My graphic card work very well, no problem at all. But I don't use the lastest driver from NVIDIA, because it make the random freeze (like the old day!). 10.8.1 driver with the fix work great :D. The only problem to me now is the CPU, benchmark score is too low. May be I will try to reinstall Lion 10.7 to make more research, but I'm kind of extremely busy this time, so... :D. Thank a lot for your help, my friend, and sorry for my bad English :D

Well, I installed Lion 10.7.4 yesterday, and Benchmark score of my CPU is 250, it 10 times higher than the score on 10.8. Really confuse!
Maybe problem is on Chimera version, will try later. Any ideas?

Do you have any other 3rd party software running in your system (ex. Paragon NTFS) ? Maybe that's the cause.
P.S : I've been trying yesterday with several smbios versions (from MacPro 3,1 to Imac 12,2) and with some of them it actually stop at x13, check that too!

Also what are your Cinebench scores guys for the GPU ? Are you experiencing sluggish videos on youtube or other flash video websites ?
I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers for 10.8.2 with the latest cuda, and the QI/CL patch, Cinebench score 28.45 (Windows 7 64bits = 32.50) and still, many videos on youtube are annoyingly laggy (like a lag every sec).

Thanks!

Cinebench score 28? I'm lucky if I get to 20! What's your trick? Tell me! On the plus side, though, no YouTube lag here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back