Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Razer Blade 2017 UHD (Laptop)
CPU
Intel i7-7700HQ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Hi,

I've recently did a clean installation of Mountain Lion using a USB stick created by Multibeast.

I got my kexts and DSDT.aml from these threads (they are pretty similar):

tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - [TUTO] Install Mac Os X Lion 10.7.3 on an Asus G53JW
tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - Asus G53JW Post-Installation

Right now, most of the stuff they claimed to be working are indeed working. These include:

- USB3 (still need a bit more testing)
- Audio /w Microphone
- Atheros Wi-Fi
- Realtek Ethernet
- Graphic Acceleration with GTX 460M
- Trackpad
- Keyboard Backlight
- Asus Hotkeys
- Bluetooth

However, there are a few things which used to work but no longer does. These include:

- HDMI (Upon connecting a HDMI cable, the screen goes blue and freezes. System becomes unresponsive)
- Sleep (Upon waking up, artefacts appeared on screen and system becomes unresponsive)

edit:

Sleep and HDMI works if you apply the nVidia OS X 10.8.1 drivers available here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.00f20-driver.html
*HOWEVER please follow the post-installation instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nvidia-550ti-sleep-wake-freeze-thread-83.html
on how to not mess up and get some hanging on boot

For those who are interested with how it is done, here are the steps i took

1) Go to tonymacx86.com - UniBeast 1.5: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC and follow the guide on how to create a bootable USB stick with ML

2) Reboot computer from USB stick and run with PCIRootUID=0

3) Follow through installation steps with Mountain Lion installer (pretty much the same as Lion)

4) Once installation is complete, reboot your ML partition with PCIRootUID = 0

5) Grab an external keyboard (for now). PS/2 support will break until you install the kexts with MultiBeast.

6) Follow step-by-step setup instructions on ML.

7) Get Multibeast: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=34 , follow the Lion guides posted above on Post-installation. Steps are pretty much the same. I used Kext Utility for Lion in place of manual copying just to play safe. Also installed CUDA drivers just in case.

8) Reboot and you are done.

Hello and thanks for your nice tutorial. I've got a question, though:
Did you edit either the NVDAGF100Hal or AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kext? Are you experiencing any artifacts on graphics?
Thanks in advance.

No I did not edit anything. Artefacts are not present unless its waking up after a sleep, which in any case the whole system stopped responding.

Tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=No but it does not boot successfully. I suppose there is no native support for GTX 460M.

Hi,

I used Lacie's driver from Multibeast for USB 3. After some testing, I figured it works but sometimes devices do not show up until a reboot. I guess it isn't really a stable solution.

Anyway, guys, any news about sleep? Not that it's important, but you know, it used to work on earlier Lion versions and it suddenly stopped.

Sleep is still important, and on this laptop it is working already with the provided files. What is breaking it on ML is the Graphic problem, so as soon as it will be solved, sleep will go right.
P.S : tried the Developer 3 graphics kexts as proposed in other forums, and i confirm it doesn't work.

I'm sorry, but the DSDT you provided doesn't fit with my G53JW. Apparently we've got slightly different models and it doesn't work. I guess that's the reason why sleep doesn't work on mine.

Strange .... What is your laptop model ? This DSDT is for G53JW-A1 only, if you have a G53JW-SX for example it wont work.
P.S: To get USB 3.0 working on ML, install Lacie's drivers from multibeast, than copy IOUSBFamily kext from 10.7.4 over ML's one.

G53Jw-IX160V I haven't got any bluetooth, for instance.

does the fn keys about desktop brightness works?doesn't work on lion

strangely my usb headset is not working... no sound at all... speakers work fine.

apart from that I am having trouble getting my wifi to work... it sees all the wifi networks but does not connect... been searching all over the net, maybe someone who got it working could post their wifi kext... thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back