Contribute
Register

Asus G53JW Mountain Lion Installation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one works pretty well for me, and it had been the one I was using since Lion.

Attachments

• IO80211Family.kext.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 172
I have a G73jw, practically the same as a G53jw. Anyhow, I'm able to install and get to Mountan Lion for the first time, but I'm having a lot of trouble booting the second time. My laptop restarts when I try to enter Mountain Lion, it'd help if you could be a bit more clear about which kexts and dsdt were used to get it to work for you, I've been trying in multiple ways and no luck so far.

edit 1:
Finally got it working completely, just no backlight keyboard yet.

Sleep don't work for me, can you give me your kext please

how can you install that on your GTX 460?

Yes work for me with new Nvidia Drivers
Thanks a lot buddys

Now i have problems with the camera, not work with Camtwist, some special configuration or kext?
And when i plug headphones soud is ok, but when i unplug, sound dissapear from internal speakers, i have to switch off the pc for this work. Any ideas???

That driver worked great, thank you!
Anyone have the solution for battery?
And I think that the OpenCL have errors, Luxmark cannot test the graphic card

Finally getting something working well with battery (no more Souce : battery when no Battery plugged in). With the provided AcpiPlatform kext you will also get Keyboard Backlight (pushing twice the lights button -Top left button).
Let me know how it goes with you.

When I use SMBIOS 6,2 my Hackintosh run smoothy, but it extremely hot (around 70 - 80'C). I use SMBIOS 2,1 the temperature seem ok (max at 70'C) but the machine run slow. What SMBIOS did you use? I use your DSDT, but other kext I had found by myself. Will post it asap

Ok, this is my kext and DSDT

http://www.mediafire.com/?kxh4fyfj127o3jb

Notice: About the sound: you must remove AppleHDA.kext before use the VoodooHDA

There are 2 DSDT.aml, one I use auto-patch with some fix by me, another is belong to some else (sorry I can't remember). Both of them seem work very good with me, I still not test these DSDT with HDMI.

About graphic, use NVIDIA driver (the lastest) with some edition from here http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nvidia-550ti-sleep-wake-freeze-thread-83.html
GTX 460M work perfectly in 10.8.2 by the fix above, Luxmark: 350

The problem is the temperature. It's too hot (around 70-80'C). It can't be lower but just when I stop every process. Have to use SMBIOS 2,1 so it can lower the temp, but the graphic run laggy.
And Luxmark in "OpenCL CPU Only" give me score of 35, a lot of lower than I use Luxmark in Windows: 150

Dude why are you still using VoodooHDA when you have a perfectly working AppleHDA from ML with all the necessary edits (Speakers, EXT and INT mic, HDMI) at post #23 ?
I use Macbook Pro 6,2 or 6,1 as SmBios, my CPU Temps rarely goes over 60 (72 when benchmarking) and GPU temp is usually at 47-60 (75 at Bench), weird that you have these temp with yours

Thank you for reply :D. I use that VoodooHDA from Lion, will try yours later :D. My AppleIntelPowermanagement is origin, so I think that why the temp is so high. Did you have any modification on your others kext, besides AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back