Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Workgroup Server
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Having motherboards from each vendor I was wondering why the GA DSDT's from this data base compile with no errors and the ASUS DSDT's have errors. For Asus I had to learn some DSDT mods and at the end I used DSDT Auto Patcher to get the DSDT running. Thanks!!!

I always wondered same thing, i can only guess its cause GA is recommended from here. I used Autopatcher on my Asus as well to get it going smoothly at one point too.

Khan said:
Having motherboards from each vendor I was wondering why the GA DSDT's from this data base compile with no errors and the ASUS DSDT's have errors. For Asus I had to learn some DSDT mods and at the end I used DSDT Auto Patcher to get the DSDT running. Thanks!!!
The reason the Gigabyte DSDTs compile cleanly is that my DSDT edits specifically fix all compiler warnings.

I didn't do any ASUS edits except for the Sabertooth X58 (which is my current main rig and will compile cleanly.)

As for why Gigabyte over ASUS the main reason is the Gigabyte motherboards are more hackintosh friendly. This is more true now with Sandy Bridge systems. You can't build as clean a system using a DSDT on the ASUS as you can on the Gigabyte.

Thanks MacMan, i kinda figured that might have been the case.

Thanks again MacMan. I had a hard time getting an Asus P7H55-M with a DSDT but reading your blogs and using DSDT auto patcher I must say that it compares very well with my GA rigs. Very happy with it. EasyBeast install was totally straight forward. :clap: :headbang: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back