Contribute
Register

ASUS Aura control for RGB lighting with a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah probably, I guess you should be fine with a Core i-something on it, though.
I have been successful with prime z97-A and z370-A but AFAIR I never tried on my prime z270-A.
I have only one of them and it is currently actively used as a windows machine by someone else.

I could probably try in a few months though. If I remember ;)

Anyways. after this totally worthless speech, I wish you the best and hope you find a way to succeed and help us all with your awesome project.

Best,
-a-

Yeah, I figure it would be a lot easier with a Core i7 7700k or some other Core i-series CPU but right now any compatible CPU is rather expensive on eBay so I just want to stick with my Pentium if possible.

Hi guys,i really can’t understand how make it works.
I have a z490 asus prime a and i want to manage the rgb of the crucial rams on an hackintosh (big sur).
How can i make it?

For RGB RAM control you will need a working SMBus/I2C driver for your chipset. There are VoodooSMBus and VoodooI2C but they do not expose control to userspace, so it isn't possible to write a userspace app that can control the devices. If either project adds a userspace access module, we can add a driver for it in OpenRGB and be able to control the RGB RAM.

Is there a complete guide on how to set it as usb option and add it in the config.plist?
Why the developer won’t do that after a precious job like this?
I’m new in hackintosh world and i don’t know how to do that,please anybody can help me?

Last edited:
I've been trying to get the latest version of OpenRGB going on Big Sur and I can't seem to get it to build. I posted a question here - but no response so I'm wondering if anyone here can give me any insights.

When I run `qmake OpenRGB.pro` in terminal I get the following error:

Code:
~\Documents\GitHub\OpenRGB> qmake OpenRGB.pro
Project ERROR: failed to parse default search paths from compiler output

I'm guessing this is something local to my installation but I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction as this utility looks awesome! Thanks!

Seems like anybody have interest in help us

For RGB RAM control you will need a working SMBus/I2C driver for your chipset. There are VoodooSMBus and VoodooI2C but they do not expose control to userspace, so it isn't possible to write a userspace app that can control the devices. If either project adds a userspace access module, we can add a driver for it in OpenRGB and be able to control the RGB RAM.
Can you please teach me how to do a usb mapping for Aural? I use opencore 0.6.7 Big Sur Z490-A prime mobo

Can you please teach me how to do a usb mapping for Aural? I use opencore 0.6.7 Big Sur Z490-A prime mobo
usb setup guide:

usb setup guide:
Thanks so much,but it make me doubtful make ALL this thing simply for install Aural.
I really don’t know why CalcProgrammer1 or other who works on the software will not help us in install that,i think is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back