Contribute
Register

ASUS Aura control for RGB lighting with a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since all my posts with Google Drive links were held for moderation and then disappeared without a trace, go to the OpenRGB GitLab page and you can find builds in the pinned MacOS issue under the issues list. I also just added MacOS CI so pipeline MacOS builds will automatically be created, except for now it's building on my new Mac Mini M1 build server so they're ARM64 builds. I need to figure out how to make it build Intel builds as well.

Since all my posts with Google Drive links were held for moderation and then disappeared without a trace, go to the OpenRGB GitLab page and you can find builds in the pinned MacOS issue under the issues list. I also just added MacOS CI so pipeline MacOS builds will automatically be created, except for now it's building on my new Mac Mini M1 build server so they're ARM64 builds. I need to figure out how to make it build Intel builds as well.
How is the new ARM mac? The binaries by default should be universal, so probably will run directly

Attached `helloworld` app should run from cli/terminal on ARM and/or INTEL as well, being an universal app, which was build that way by default
```
file helloworld
helloworld: Mach-O 64-bit x86_64 executable, flags:<NOUNDEFS|DYLDLINK|TWOLEVEL|WEAK_DEFINES|BINDS_TO_WEAK|PIE>
```

Attachments

• helloworld.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 58
If you want to try, the latest binaries are here:

I'm building using qmake from homebrew. It clearly says arm64 in the build output so I don't think it is universal. I'm not sure what flags/compiler settings I'd need to set to build universal app.

I got the Intel pipeline build working. I ended up setting up a second Homebrew installation in "Rosetta Terminal" and then reconfiguring the make files a bit to check the architecture to determine the Homebrew library path. It uses /opt/homebrew on ARM and /usr/local/lib on Intel. I've tested the Intel build on my M1 Mac and it shows as an Intel binary. I haven't tested it on a Hackintosh yet.

I got the Intel pipeline build working. I ended up setting up a second Homebrew installation in "Rosetta Terminal" and then reconfiguring the make files a bit to check the architecture to determine the Homebrew library path. It uses /opt/homebrew on ARM and /usr/local/lib on Intel. I've tested the Intel build on my M1 Mac and it shows as an Intel binary. I haven't tested it on a Hackintosh yet.
Any news on your progress of SMBus for Mac? I have no USB (ASUS or otherwise) RGB, but I do have ASUS RGB LED controller on my mother board. Great work btw!

Unfortunately no news on SMBus RGB yet. I can't test this on a real Mac and I've been having trouble getting Hackintosh set up on the ASUS Intel board I have (Z270 PRIME).

Unfortunately no news on SMBus RGB yet. I can't test this on a real Mac and I've been having trouble getting Hackintosh set up on the ASUS Intel board I have (Z270 PRIME).
Thanks for the info! Good luck and I think there may be a few ASUS Prime Z270 success stories to help you with your Hackintosh here on tonymacx86!...

D
Did you try OC?

That's what I tried the other night and I couldn't get it to boot, but I didn't spend a ton of time and it was almost midnight when I started. I need to take another look at it. My problem seems to be the Pentium G4400 CPU I'm trying to use more than the board. I got the board second-hand and the guy I bought it from threw in the CPU with it as he was using it for mining and didn't need a great CPU.

On the other hand, I just tested the Intel build on my Razer Blade Pro 2017 (my working Hackintosh) and it did work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back