Contribute
Register

ASUS Aura control for RGB lighting with a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I like Aurela, it's amazing.
But i have 1 issue. Could you help me to sync my HyperX Predator RGB RAM?
Good question, I have the same question with my Crucial RGB Light on my Asus XI Code motherboard. Windows softwares can't tell to ram sticks to remember settings during cold boots, so I wonder is there is a way under macOS to adjust colors.

Has anybody got this to work with Asus Strix Z370-I on Catalina 15.7? I had no problems compiling it and the app can detect the controller. The problem is with applying profiles. None of them do anything to MB LEDs. The PID is 0x1872. The Information tab has both fields Location and Serial empty.
Cheers,

Probably dead as the developer of the openrgb didn't seems to go deeper into hackintosh zone unfortunately....

I wish someone pick up the Aureal project and makes it even better. It seems very promising

The master branch of OpenRGB should build with MacOS, but I haven't tested it in a while. I don't have a very suitable system for Hackintosh apparently, and the experience developing on it is dreadful. I am not really a MacOS fan but I'm intrigued by the Apple M1 chip, and now that Linux is booting on it I'm contemplating buying a Mac Mini M1 that I could develop OpenRGB on, though this wouldn't allow for I2C/SMBus.

The master branch of OpenRGB should build with MacOS, but I haven't tested it in a while. I don't have a very suitable system for Hackintosh apparently, and the experience developing on it is dreadful. I am not really a MacOS fan but I'm intrigued by the Apple M1 chip, and now that Linux is booting on it I'm contemplating buying a Mac Mini M1 that I could develop OpenRGB on, though this wouldn't allow for I2C/SMBus.
This new CPU it is indeed interesting, however apple devices does not have rgb lights, if you want to develop on osx strictly for openrgb there is not need for an apple hardware but for a hardware which have the rgb lights, you can install/hackintosh that device then good to go...

90% of RGB products use a USB connection. The real Apple hardware has USB ports, so plenty of RGB devices can be connected. Keyboards, mice, gamepads, ARGB controllers, headsets, accessories, and more can all be tested on the real deal. As long as MacOS has hidapi support, all the USB-based motherboard controllers will work fine if external USB peripherals are working. A lot of what I want to use it for is to make sure the program consistently compiles (and possibly set up MacOS CI) as well as refine the UI, as it is rather broken in MacOS due to the theme.

As for the other devices, we would need an SMBus driver that exposes control to userspace. Since that doesn't seem to exist yet, I don't see control of RGB RAM or older RGB motherboards happening.

I just started up my Hackintosh setup on my Razer Blade Pro 2017 again to see if OpenRGB is still building on MacOS. It is! I was able to build the master branch just fine, and my Razer devices are working now because I'm moving away from depending on OpenRazer. I recently ported the OpenRazer driver into an OpenRGB-native controller that uses hidapi instead of building a Linux kernel module, which means it now works on MacOS as well.

I then set out to get Keyboard Visualizer working. I had to change a compile flag to use C++ 14 but after that it built. I then needed a loopback interface, for which I found BlackHole, which provides a virtual audio device. With a multi-out setup I can play music through my headphones as well as through the BlackHole loopback into Keyboard Visualizer. The result is a nice looking visualizer on all my devices.

1614665971910.png

I just started up my Hackintosh setup on my Razer Blade Pro 2017 again to see if OpenRGB is still building on MacOS. It is! I was able to build the master branch just fine, and my Razer devices are working now because I'm moving away from depending on OpenRazer. I recently ported the OpenRazer driver into an OpenRGB-native controller that uses hidapi instead of building a Linux kernel module, which means it now works on MacOS as well.

I then set out to get Keyboard Visualizer working. I had to change a compile flag to use C++ 14 but after that it built. I then needed a loopback interface, for which I found BlackHole, which provides a virtual audio device. With a multi-out setup I can play music through my headphones as well as through the BlackHole loopback into Keyboard Visualizer. The result is a nice looking visualizer on all my devices.

View attachment 510911
Nice!
Could you please upload the install file?
I am not familiar with how to build fro sources.

Thanks a lot
-a-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back