Contribute
Register

ASUS Aura control for RGB lighting with a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh cool, I didn't realise they were using different pids. I found a reference to it and a few others, and pushed them to GitHub (along with some experiments with "direct" LED effects - they're still a bit flaky, but mostly seem to work).

So if you have any of the following pids, it miiiight work for you too:

- 0x18f3
- 0x1872
- 0x1867
- 0x1889

(I don't have any way to test those, so I'm just trusting a stranger's document on the internet! Let me know if they work for you!)

Once I get the direct effects working a little better, I'll add a builder for `.app` downloads, so you won't have to compile it. Weee!

Getting close, cool, now I'm connected...But none of the effects do anything?

Oh cool, I didn't realise they were using different pids. I found a reference to it and a few others, and pushed them to GitHub (along with some experiments with "direct" LED effects - they're still a bit flaky, but mostly seem to work).

So if you have any of the following pids, it miiiight work for you too:

- 0x18f3
- 0x1872
- 0x1867
- 0x1889

(I don't have any way to test those, so I'm just trusting a stranger's document on the internet! Let me know if they work for you!)

Once I get the direct effects working a little better, I'll add a builder for `.app` downloads, so you won't have to compile it. Weee!

Here is my USB id 0x18a3. I am excited for this project, it would be nice to set the "Aura" to a single color.

I had success with compiling, but the app is blank.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 5.11.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 5.11.16 PM.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 5.22.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 5.22.19 PM.png
    225.4 KB · Views: 192
It seems if notjosh, serdeliuk and CalcProgrammer1 got together in a zoom meeting, they could get a working ASUS hackintosh RGB controller... All of them have made great progress and cool programs! I'm sure you'll have a bunch o beta testers!

@notjosh

Can confirm that
`// potentially: 0x1939`
is also valid. Works on an ASUS PRIME Z490-P.

I pushed a change to OpenRGB today that gets the master branch building on MacOS. Please test if you can. Still no SMBus, but I think all USB HID devices should be supported. It may still need some tweaking.

I pushed a change to OpenRGB today that gets the master branch building on MacOS. Please test if you can. Still no SMBus, but I think all USB HID devices should be supported. It may still need some tweaking.

Can you provide a build? I get a fatal error when trying to build it:
Controllers/AMDWraithPrismController/AMDWraithPrismController.h:11:10: fatal error: 'hidapi/hidapi.h' file not found

thanks

You need to install hidapi, I think I used homebrew to install it. Try "brew install hidapi"? It's been a few months since I setup the MacOS build environment.

How are builds usually distributed for MacOS? I'm not sure how to package a build.

You need to install hidapi, I think I used homebrew to install it. Try "brew install hidapi"? It's been a few months since I setup the MacOS build environment.

How are builds usually distributed for MacOS? I'm not sure how to package a build.

O.k., Installed hidapi and needed libusb (brew install hidapi brew install libusb)

Compiles now...

But, alas I have no USB, so I'll need SMBus.

Thanks!

Hi @CalcProgrammer1
I am using Asus Z390-A Prime, which assuming that it also use similar controller to your board Z270-a, means the OpenRGB app is not working yet for my board as of now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back