Contribute
Register

ASUS Aura control for RGB lighting with a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not enabled in the macos branch yet, but yes it should work. I have an Aura Core driver based on Will Roberts' rogauracore.
Thanks, does not seems to be enabled in Linux neither, or there exists in a different branch then master for linux?

@googe i think you should install dev packages too "brew install libusb-1.0-dev"

Cool, both MacAura and OpenRGB working, just waiting for SMBus/i2C support. Thanks serdeliuk and CalcProgrammer1!

Thanks, does not seems to be enabled in Linux neither, or there exists in a different branch then master for linux?

It should be supported in master. You may have to create a udev rule for it or run the OpenRGB app as root in order to have the correct USB permissions.

I've just rebased the macos_devel branch to the latest master. I started pushing some MacOS specific project configuration to master, though master still does not build on MacOS.

It should be supported in master. You may have to create a udev rule for it or run the OpenRGB app as root in order to have the correct USB permissions.

I've just rebased the macos_devel branch to the latest master. I started pushing some MacOS specific project configuration to master, though master still does not build on MacOS.

Thanks, lately i found that staring as root i can see my aura usb device, however, does not work properly, as soon as i start the OpenRGB under linux the keyboard does not work anymore not in the OpenRGB and not after i close the OpenRGB. Only color cycle do something with leds but anything else put the leds off.
I will test a macOS build to see what happen.

Just rebased my macos_devel branch again. Pretty much all USB devices are building now, and a lot of them have been migrated to hidapi to hopefully work on MacOS now. Serial port devices and SMBus devices are still not working. It also seems some hidapi devices aren't being detected, such as my Logitech G203 mouse even though the code for detecting it should be running.

Hey @serdeliuk ! I have a Asus ROG GL553VD laptop. I tried with you app with my product ID (0x1854) and it kinda works haha. My RGB keyboard had 4 zones. I'll try to describe the behaviour:
- If I pick the "all" zones option it works like it has to. The only thing not working is the light intensity, it is always at full. The only way to turn off the leds was by picking black color.
- The only specific zone I can change is zone 1 (and in my case it is the left one). Same behaviour, no brightness control.

If there is something I can help with just write me!
Thanks a los for this app! I can turn off my keyboard leds now! Hahaha

Hi @MFortuna thanks for your feedback, i assume that you have Catalina, right? If so do you have ALS (Ambient Light Sensor) patch?
I didn't tested macAura on Catalina yet, however i intend to do so in the next few weeks.
If you are on Mojave it is strage that does not work, on your aura device should work fine.

@MFortuna try attached FAKEALS0.aml , add it to your patched folder, worth to try.

Attachments

• SSDT-FAKEALS0.zip
    322 bytes · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back