Contribute
Register

ASUS Aura control for RGB lighting with a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a start on porting OpenRGB. I stripped out the backend stuff and got the UI to start. Now I'm going for USB devices as those shouldn't be too difficult. I discovered that you can't control HID devices using libusb on Mac like you can on Windows and Linux. I installed hidapi and got my Redragon keyboard and mouse controllers working. I then tried to get the Corsair Lighting Node controller working and was able to get it to detect the presence of the device but not control it. I tried converting that code from libusb to hidapi but it still did not work. I'll look into that more soon.

Edit: Added more hidapi-supported devices - HyperX Alloy Elite and Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB. Unfortunately the vertical tab bar looks completely messed up on MacOS and the window is much larger than it is on other OSes, but it is working.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 12.14.45 AM.png

Last edited:
I got a start on porting OpenRGB. I stripped out the backend stuff and got the UI to start. Now I'm going for USB devices as those shouldn't be too difficult. I discovered that you can't control HID devices using libusb on Mac like you can on Windows and Linux. I installed hidapi and got my Redragon keyboard and mouse controllers working. I then tried to get the Corsair Lighting Node controller working and was able to get it to detect the presence of the device but not control it. I tried converting that code from libusb to hidapi but it still did not work. I'll look into that more soon.

Edit: Added more hidapi-supported devices - HyperX Alloy Elite and Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB. Unfortunately the vertical tab bar looks completely messed up on MacOS and the window is much larger than it is on other OSes, but it is working.

View attachment 470037
How do we get your version?

You will have to build it from source right now. If yoy want to do this, set up Qt Creator and check out the macos_devel branch of OpenRGB. You will need libusb and hidapi libraries from Homebrew installed.

You will have to build it from source right now. If yoy want to do this, set up Qt Creator and check out the macos_devel branch of OpenRGB. You will need libusb and hidapi libraries from Homebrew installed.

I have compiled openrgb but it can't see any devices. I have an Asus z390-i with t force delta rgb ram, isn't yet supported this motherboard?

Attachments

• Screenshot at May 23 18-47-57.png
    Screenshot at May 23 18-47-57.png
    295.5 KB · Views: 129
Barely any devices are supported right now, just a handful of keyboards and mice. I haven't started on the SMBus/i2C interface needed for motherboard and RAM.

Trying to compile get this:

dependencies/hidapi/hidapi.c:44:10: fatal error: 'libusb-1.0/libusb.h' file not found
#include <libusb-1.0/libusb.h>

1 error generated.
make: *** [hidapi.o] Error 1

Any help?

You need to install libusb and hidapi with Homebrew.

Hi serdeliuk, both are already installed? Still getting the error, maybe it's a path thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back