Contribute
Register

ASUS Aura control for RGB lighting with a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@serdeliuk I have a motherboard with Aura and RGB ram. By modifying the device id to 0x1867 I was able to make it detect "AURA Custom Human interface". It would not do anything tho. If you can share the source code I may be able to modify and tweak it.

There is OpenRGB for Linux/Windows https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB which support a wide varity of hardwares.

Hi @siuying thanks for your interest, i will provide the source code here https://github.com/serdeliuk/macAura
I will post here when the source code will be available.
In regards your motherboard even if the aura controller it is USB on your board probably use different addresses and different commands which are not documented, the best approach will be to use wireshark with usbpcap module to sniff the usb while change the leds/zones settings, unfortunately this is only available under windows....

I am delaying to publish the source code because i used different parts of codes from different sources and i need to properly give credits which means that i need to review the app, and unfortunately i do not have much time right now.

The USBDeviceSwift is a nice piece of code, i used this too in macAura, actually beside this framework they provide an example as well on which i builded the app interface, i will try to publish the source code this week.

Tried to use usbpcap and I'm stuck here, it seems no "AURA Custom Human interface" on windows:

Code:
1 \\.\USBPcap4

\??\USB#ROOT_HUB30#5&xxxxxxxx&0&0#{...}

2 \\.\USBPcap5

\??\USB#ASMEDIAROOT_Hub#5&xxxxxxx&0&0#{...}

[Port 1] USB Mass Storage Device

3 \\.\USBPcap1

\??\USB#ROOT_HUB30#4&143f169d&0&0#{...}

[Port 6] Generic USB Hub

[Port 2] Generic USB Hub

[Port 1] USB Composite Device

USB Input Device

Logitech Cordless Gaming Receiver

Logitech Gaming HID Device

USB Input Device

HID Keyboard Device

HID-compliant consumer control device

HID-compliant system controller

HID-compliant vendor-defined device

[Port 3] USB Composite Device

USB Input Device

HID Keyboard Device

USB Input Device

HID-compliant system controller

HID Keyboard Device

[Port 7] Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

USB Input Device

HID-compliant game controller

[Port 10] Generic USB Hub

[Port 4] USB Input Device

[Port 12] Generic USB Hub

[Port 3] USB Composite Device

Rift Sensor

[Port 14] USB Input Device

HID-compliant device

[Port 21] USB Composite Device

Rift Sensor

[Port 22] Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub

[Port 2] Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub

4 \\.\USBPcap2

\??\USB#ROOT_HUB30#5&xxxxxxx&0&0#{...}

5 \\.\USBPcap3

\??\USB#ROOT_HUB30#5&xxxxxx&0&0#{...}

[Port 2] Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub

[Port 4] Generic USB Hub

USB Input Device

HID-compliant device

USB Input Device

HID-compliant device

[Port 2] USB Composite Device

Rift Audio

Headphones (Rift Audio)

Microphone (Rift Audio)

USB Input Device

Try to use device management and see if you can identify the device there first, however, usually on motherboards the aura control is through i2c not through usb, but i am not very sure that i am right.
In wireshark you can select all usb devices at once, or just few of them, or even single device, if you are unable to identify which one it is you need to test all of them one by one and see which one have traffic while change the color or intensity.

Unfortunately i do not have any i2c devices to help, however, the OpenRGB code could help, or could already have your motherboard or something similar, in order to work with i2c is better to have linux because you have a lot of tools as i2c-tools package which came with i2cdetect, i2cdump, etc..

@JediMaster2020 for linux/windows you can try OpenRGB project or their wiki, please see post #41 for a GitLAB link, at least you can ask them for new infos, for mac there is not such software yet, but if you have programming experience you can try to port the linux version to mac...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back