Contribute
Register

ASUS Aura control for RGB lighting with a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah - I don't have one of those, but I do have an AURA-enabled motherboard... ;)

Currently the macAura works only with USB AURA keyboards unfortunately, i can try to dig to enable other devices as well, but i do not have any to test and the software development will be very difficult. Your motherboard has any AURA lights?

@JCMunsonII your computer has only the motherboard which has AURA leds? If you have a mouse or/and keyboard as well you can use macAura.app to set them by changing the ProductID in the Product.plist if you have only the lights provided by the motherboard itself will not work, i think the lights on the motherboard are controlled through i2c or smbus which will imply a different approach

The Maximus IX HERO is AURA-capable (AFAIK). And then there's the G-Skil...

Do you have any OpenSource software which can control your leds? linux or macos, cli or not

Nope, sure don't.

Will gladly be testing Aura on my Maximus XI Hero. I think the Aura controller is linked to one of the internal USB ports, HS01+SS01 if I'm not mistaken.

Tried macAura with the Maximus XI, but no dice.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-16 at 22.03.18.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-16 at 22.03.18.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot 2020-02-16 at 22.07.04.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-16 at 22.07.04.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 153
@janegil unfortunately i am unable to add new hardware, i can try if you have windows with aura core installed and you are willing to test wireshark with usb sniffing while you are changing the colors and intensity, one capture per action, if you change color I need one capture, if you change brightness other log, if the motherboard have different zones i need different capture files, this is because i do not know your hardware and will easy my work. If you have time and want just try https://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back