Contribute
Register

ASUS Aura control for RGB lighting with a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another small caveat: make sure it's mapped as a USB device! I had it mapped out at first, since we only get 15, but you'll need to add it back :)

Could you please explain this a little further please?
Tx

So I've made a simple app (source up at https://github.com/notjosh/Aureal) that lets me toggle thru the built-in options.

Let me know if you find it useful.

@notjosh There is no release published yet, right? Only source...
Can you tell me how to build the app from source (or point to a tutorial)?
I googled it but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Tx
-a-
PS: excuse my noobness

Last edited:
@notjosh There is no release published yet, right? Only source...
Can you tell me how to build the app from source (or point to a tutorial)?
I googled it but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Tx
-a-
PS: excuse my noobness

Do you have Xcode installed?
If so, open a terminal
cd into the Aureal-main folder
run: xcodebuild

Hiya

I just got my Hackintosh set up for the first time on the weekend. Haven't had a PC for a looong time. I thought the RGBs would be an annoying novelty (well, they kind of are) but I'm also kinda fascinated by them.

My desktop motherboard + case have synced RGBs, so I thought I'd try making an app that allows me to control them from macOS.

So I've made a simple app (source up at https://github.com/notjosh/Aureal) that lets me toggle thru the built-in options.

View attachment 482178
Caveat: it _only_ works with the built-in motherboard controller (so, no RAM RGBs, no under-keyboard RGBs, etc). Mostly only because I don't have other devices to test with. But anyone with a USB-based Aura motherboard should have no problem running it.

Another small caveat: make sure it's mapped as a USB device! I had it mapped out at first, since we only get 15, but you'll need to add it back :)

It's only an afternoon of work so far, so I'm sure it's got a lot of rough edges. But it's enough to tinker with and work out if it's worth continuing with!

Let me know if you find it useful.

It compiled not problem but I am not sure what you mean map it as a usb device. Do you mean the RGB controller on the main board?

Regardless, all I get is the following:

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 6.04.12 AM.png

Here is the system info, I see the ID is different:

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 6.12.13 AM.png

Last edited:
You will have to build it from source right now. If yoy want to do this, set up Qt Creator and check out the macos_devel branch of OpenRGB. You will need libusb and hidapi libraries from Homebrew installed.

Hi,

I just went to the branch and saw it hasn't been touched in 6 months. Do you plan to update the branch? Any chance of getting support for all the devices?

Thanks!

Hey. I like Aurela, it's amazing.
But i have 1 issue. Could you help me to sync my HyperX Predator RGB RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back