Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
h81m-e33
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Ok so this card 750 Ti OC and it's brother, 750 Ti PH seems to be a big headache to many people, so let me get things straight:

• VGA Works - My HDMI and 2xDVI wont work, only VGA does
  • Can't Flash - Flashing VBIOS wasn't a solution for me, freezes&reboot for palit roms and even its own earlier version roms. Had to flash back:thumbdown:

So after using VGA, another problem appears - monitor not recognized. Instead, it was "13.9" VGA 800 x 600". To get full resolution and get rid of black bars on the side, I followed this but with some adjustment since it was meant for AMD.

1. Use HDMI or DVI, and boot into Windows. My VGA in windows was Generic Pnp Monitor, which is not doable for the following stuff.
  2. Do what this did till step 6
  3. Restart.

Not really a guide or anything, just a note for those might need it in the future.
ZERPs8X.png

Intel G3258 // MSI H81m-e33 // ASUS 750 Ti OC 2G // #Flawless and stable.

On mine the HDMI output works fine but the DVI ports do not but I am not really sure why. At one point only the VGA output worked (using the Nvidia driver) but yesterday I fired up Yosemite and was surprised to see the monitor connected via HDMI (with a DVI adaptor on the monitor side) turn on. Its better than nothing but I would really like to use all 3 of my monitors like I do in Linux...one HDMI and 2 DVI.

I did a little playing around with different VBIOS on my Asus GTX 750 Ti and one version of the STRIX VBIOS did enable both of my DVI ports it also only allowed Linux/Win/OSX to 'see' 1GB of RAM...so that isn't ideal. Not sure if their is a BIOS hack that can fix that or not, looked into it a bit and decided I the time I would lose messing with it would have paid for a new card ;)

Anyway, with the proper VBIOS on the Asus 750 GTX HDMI works fine while with older VBIOS versions you get the dreaded 'black screen'. The VBIOS that enables the HDMI port is 82.07.55.00.34. Note that I am using a DVI adaptor on the monitor side for the HDMI connection, not sure if that matters or not, haven't tried it with a straight HDMI connection. If anyone wants to try the original BIOS from my card just let me know.

Well it seems to be my card's problem, flashing any vbios except it's own will crash it, and yes even with older versions of the series, so I just can't flash vbios, very sad.

I did a little playing around with different VBIOS on my Asus GTX 750 Ti and one version of the STRIX VBIOS did enable both of my DVI ports it also only allowed Linux/Win/OSX to 'see' 1GB of RAM...so that isn't ideal. Not sure if their is a BIOS hack that can fix that or not, looked into it a bit and decided I the time I would lose messing with it would have paid for a new card ;)

Anyway, with the proper VBIOS on the Asus 750 GTX HDMI works fine while with older VBIOS versions you get the dreaded 'black screen'. The VBIOS that enables the HDMI port is 82.07.55.00.34. Note that I am using a DVI adaptor on the monitor side for the HDMI connection, not sure if that matters or not, haven't tried it with a straight HDMI connection. If anyone wants to try the original BIOS from my card just let me know.

Hi there,

are u talking about flashing vbios in clover or flashing in windows?
thnx

I believe it is a sapphire bios that people have had luck with on these Asus GTX 750/750ti's

don't know....
is palit, or sapphire, or strix ....looks like i have to try...then will see...
or just leave it on vga...until someone find some better solution..
but,...didnt try yet dvi port,...maybe there will be any luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back