Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'll try the dos updater later this week and I'll report the results back here.

Nice Geeky scores (Shame on you for OCing that board :lol: )... For others reading this post remember that this bios provides no performance enhancements, features, or anything else over the stock 1406 bios. Don't risk "bricking' your board if that's what you're looking for.

:D Running at 4.4 i will drop it to 4.3 i think just to be on the safe side. On a side not HWmonitor indicates that my CPU runs at 4096 Mhz and then 4401 Mhz?? Is there another way the coonfirm my CPU states? I think that the only minor issue i have other than that all great thanks to you guys, On a side note Windows 8 boots in 6 seconds..

Cheers guys

ok,

Stock 0701 BIOS overrided with patched 0701 via ROG Connect (USB Flashback) : it works.

So i installed ML without disabler.

I've got a smooth installation right now ; so at the moment : no DSDT/SSDT, no disabler, no AICPUPM patched.

AppleHPET, AppleLPC, AppleRTC, AICPUPM, AICPUPMC are loaded.

Sleep, restart, shutdown works even wake up via the Magic Mouse (unable with my previous SL installation).

I'm not going back to SL :D --> A lot of things works natively and OOTB.

Ah just one thing : speedstep works only after a wake from sleep (X16 X38, iMac 12,2 definition)

Thanks to samisnake and the community ;)

latest z77 roms are up on the blog.
use the usb flashback feature to flash these roms, dont use ez flash or youll get a security verification failure.
look at your mobo manual on how to use the flashback feature.

Can I get a link to the blog? Sorry, new user dying to try Sabertooth Z77 mod.

@ The Real Deal, you still need an ssdt with an i5 or i7 cpu
@ kluster1999, link to the blog is in the first post of this thread

Ha, I clicked that link but only looked at the first post since it was the most recent by date. My bad. Thanks!

:D Running at 4.4 i will drop it to 4.3 i think just to be on the safe side. On a side not HWmonitor indicates that my CPU runs at 4096 Mhz and then 4401 Mhz?? Is there another way the coonfirm my CPU states? I think that the only minor issue i have other than that all great thanks to you guys, On a side note Windows 8 boots in 6 seconds..

Cheers guys
There's new HW app dated 4-17-2012, a new IntelCPUMonitor.kext dated 7-2-2012, and a new FakeSMC rev609 that fixes all issues with IvyBridge. Just do a Google search as I'm not comfortable posting links to other peoples work. Additionally you can run MSRDumper.kext to verify p-states...

Screen Shot 2012-08-06 at 4.12.31 AM.png

Hi,

Someone mentioned in and earlier post on this thread about removing the extra folder and everything in it. Doesn't that mean that the com.apple.bootplist (or chameleon plist) and also the smbios get removed and wont this cause issues?

There's new HW app dated 4-17-2012, a new IntelCPUMonitor.kext dated 7-2-2012, and a new FakeSMC rev609 that fixes all issues with IvyBridge. Just do a Google search as I'm not comfortable posting links to other peoples work. Additionally you can run MSRDumper.kext to verify p-states...

View attachment 26864

Thank you, i have found the files you mentioned will try them tomorrow when i get home from work. I see there is a newer FakeSMC version r615, Would it be better to use that one i'm assuming?

@ The Real Deal, you still need an ssdt with an i5 or i7 cpu

Thanks for the answer, but after some tweaking i don't need a SSDT :)

There is a speedstep right after the first boot, so i don't need to put the machine in sleep, then wake to have "some" PStates.

->
I have switched the stock iMac12_2 plist in IOPlatformPluginFamily with the one attached, and i have a speedstep (2 PStates : 16 and 38, CPU non overclocked)

So no SSDT in my extra, DropSSDT=No and Generate P/Cstates=Yes

And my stock geekbench, which correlate (13500) :

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/924513

EDIT :

So i have tried to overclock the CPU, ratio 42 in the BIOS

And i got a 16 42 working ; i conclude a don't even need a SSDT when i overclock. Still 2 PStates, it's quite ON/OFF but i can deal with this ;)

OC geekbench (15000) :
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/924538

---

Attachments

• iMac12_2.plist.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back