Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
From OP... So what is the procedure for flashing the BIOS?

First I tried samisnake's DSDT tutorial by grabbing the patches and whatnot from Maldon's forum. I've tried them a couple times and gotten a crash with OSX loads. So this last time I flashed the BIOS with the ROM and just wound up getting the white apple loading screen without the loading circle. It just stayed froze like that with no progress.

Then I decided to format the drive again and reinstall OSX. That worked fine but by the time I got to compiling my DSDT I had about 7 errors that I have no idea how to fix. Before I flashed the BIOS i was able to fix the errors despite a few remarks that I didnt know what to do with.

I know there are other people in the forum or even in this thread with the same mobo. Does this sound like any of your experiences?

EDIT: When I have a fresh copy of OSX is there a DSDT to delete

mrengles said:
I've seen a few people online mod an Asus Z77 uefi-bios to get slic 2.1 tables for windows activation working, while we are still unable to mod the bios for native PWM under Mac OS X. Why does one mod work and not the other? After all they are changing the code and getting pass the security checks right?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. This stuff is way over my head. It just seemed to me that if they can get a modded bios working, so should we? :crazy:
It's because that change is only a change of SLIC rather an actual change in a module. The module change requires uncompressing and then recompressing and the security checks seem to notice that. Still investigating exactly why it makes a difference but I've verified that the methods you're talking about do not work on a Sabertooth Z77 or Maximus V Gene. There is still hope on the horizon but I have no idea how long it could take. I purchased a BIOS chip programmer that I intend to program with a modified BIOS and then swap the chips. I haven't been able to work on that yet but it could have potential. I'm not holding my breath though. It's obviously not a good solution in the long term or for the vast majority of people but would prove out some of the tests.

ajayknair said:
I am new to the hackintosh community. I bought a sabertooth z77 and an i5 3570K that I am trying to configure as a hackintosh

You mentioned that you are working on a guide in one of your posts. I wonder if it is posted somewhere already? Or If i could get a sneak peek at it.

I volunteer to test out the guide for you :)
I'll see what I can do in a couple of days. I've had some all consuming family health issues to deal with during most of May that's kept me from getting anything done in that regard.

brycv said:
mrengles said:
I've seen a few people online mod an Asus Z77 uefi-bios to get slic 2.1 tables for windows activation working, while we are still unable to mod the bios for native PWM under Mac OS X. Why does one mod work and not the other? After all they are changing the code and getting pass the security checks right?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. This stuff is way over my head. It just seemed to me that if they can get a modded bios working, so should we? :crazy:
It's because that change is only a change of SLIC rather an actual change in a module. The module change requires uncompressing and then recompressing and the security checks seem to notice that. Still investigating exactly why it makes a difference but I've verified that the methods you're talking about do not work on a Sabertooth Z77 or Maximus V Gene. There is still hope on the horizon but I have no idea how long it could take. I purchased a BIOS chip programmer that I intend to program with a modified BIOS and then swap the chips. I haven't been able to work on that yet but it could have potential. I'm not holding my breath though. It's obviously not a good solution in the long term or for the vast majority of people but would prove out some of the tests.

Thanks for the reply. Good Luck brycv!

brycv said:
ajayknair said:
I am new to the hackintosh community. I bought a sabertooth z77 and an i5 3570K that I am trying to configure as a hackintosh

You mentioned that you are working on a guide in one of your posts. I wonder if it is posted somewhere already? Or If i could get a sneak peek at it.

I volunteer to test out the guide for you :)
I'll see what I can do in a couple of days. I've had some all consuming family health issues to deal with during most of May that's kept me from getting anything done in that regard.

Thanks for the reply brycv. I wish you all the best.

Update from my side is that I have been able to get Lion 10.7.4 up and running at a minimal level. no sound yet, screen resolution is low, flash hangs etc..

When I try to install multibeast with easyDSDT (?) i get kernel panic on reboots.
To get past this, I did a fresh install, and this time extracted a DSDT from my MB using DSDT editor
(http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/03/make- ... ditor.html)
Then I installed a few basic options to update DSDT.

Now I can boot (enabled dual boot with windows MBR) but functionality s lacking, given the bare DSDT that I used.

Does anyone know how to downgrade the custom 3xxx BIOSes for the P8P67 boards? I'm trying to downgrade it using this method here but it keeps telling me my BIOS isn't supported using the tool?

Aznboy1993 said:
Does anyone know how to downgrade the custom 3xxx BIOSes for the P8P67 boards? I'm trying to downgrade it using this method here but it keeps telling me my BIOS isn't supported using the tool?
I have not done it with a P8P67, only with a P8Z68-VPro, using flashrom under linux (booting with a LinuxMint Install DVD).I have done it successfully 2 or 3 times, without problem.
But as usual, you should know that you risk crashing your bios and be tuck with a dead motherboard.

Aznboy1993 said:

I was able to make a working DSDT (P8P67LE 3206) using the generic P8 patch and DSDT editor.

I had to add the ALC 892 patch for audio, and I'm not sure about sleep since I've never bothered with it.

Attachments

• P8 (generic) BIOS 3xxx.txt
    7 KB · Views: 167
@Francis: Thanks, I'll try that when I'm bothered :p
singh99 said:
Aznboy1993 said:

I was able to make a working DSDT (P8P67LE 3206) using the generic P8 patch and DSDT editor.

I had to add the ALC 892 patch for audio, and I'm not sure about sleep since I've never bothered with it.
Does this work with P8P67 Pro too? The only problems I have ATM WITHOUT using a DSDT are no audio and no eSATA (the latter I don't really care about).

I just wanted to say that THIS ROMS DONT WORK FOR ASUS P8H67-M. They wont give you sleep -but they give you Cstates. If you want to get SLEEP for this motherboard you MUST follow the steps from Toleda at this thread

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=57287

If you don't do so you wont have sleep.

Also if you want SOUND for this motherboard you have to also use Toleda's kext from here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59061

I don't know why these edits are not in the DSDT patches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back