Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fought bios battles all day (engineering version of AFUDOS apparently doesn't work w/ my board anymore). I have the P8H61-M LE/CSM w/ an i5 2500k, and I would like to use the integrated intel 3000 for video. So, I finally got it to downgrade the modified bios linked from here with flashrom and an ubuntu live-cd. I thought things would be great from here. Lion install went perfectly, plus I saw there was a dsdt version in the database for 0805. Ran multibeast with minimal options, made sure userdsdt was checked and that my .aml file was on my desktop.. Wouldn't boot.

Tried multibeast again, this time with my own dsdt I created. I was finally able to boot but only if I did GE=no so I was stuck with crappy resolution, no sound, etc etc.. Wondering if I should just try easybeast at this point?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post- but I really thought that this custom bios along w/ dsdt was going to make for a perfect install.. Kind of at a loss as to what went wrong and any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

@haggle, i made a guide using a similar board
viewtopic.php?f=168&t=53351
use the same audio kext mentioned in the thread

are you using the macmini5,1 system definition

samisnake said:
@haggle, i made a guide using a similar board
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=53351
use the same audio kext mentioned in the thread

are you using the macmini5,1 system definition

Thanks for the reply. I used a similar guide by magpie @ viewtopic.php?f=54&t=51164 - looks like the main differences between his and yours was the ethernet driver and you used an extra kext for audio. I did try the mac mini definition, but not on the first try @ multibeast, and it actually made things worse. Is it true that this will disable the vga out? If so, maybe that was part of my problem, although I think if it was I probably would have just got a black screen rather than a crash?

edit: a little further detail. When I created my own dsdt, I only used the patch text from olarila for the Motherboard- I didn't do anything w/ a sound patch.. Should I have?

Has anybody tried the bios for p8h67-m? Im going to flash it tomorrow and i just want to know if there is anybody out there that has flashed it yet. I've red the 40 pages of this thread and I'm a little bit confused with people sayng that the version 3xxx of the roms crashed their boards....

Is it safe or not to update the bios for P8h67-m board? If something goes wrong, is it possible to reflahs a backuped bios using the ez flash bios from the bios?

I will appreciate any info from anybody as updating this is just scary for me... A wrong bios and I get a bricked board....

@haggle yeh magpies guide is better for your board.
he used the same audio kext i was using on the h61 board, i got the idea from him in the first place.

if you are using vga, thatll be your issue.
vga out isnt fully supported i believe. there may be a way to force it to work properly, but it doesnt work natively.

use the alc888b patch on olarila

the best place would be magpies thread from now on.
it might be best to pm him if he hasnt been on in a while

@freaker, if you would prefer the older non-3k patched bios for that board, i can post the link

stradivari said:
BUMP for anyone confirming if WOL works for P8P67 Pro?

Thanks. :)

Not working for me, but I'm using a marvel/ yukon card (which is supposed to work). I don't think the hank driver supports WOL.

Aznboy1993 said:
Ok here's my verdict on the new modified (speedstepper patched) 3207 BIOS for the P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0.

1.) Audio does not work correctly. Toleda's patched kext, HDA rollback, and the other options in MultiBeast all do not work.
2.) Wake on sleep does not work. Sleep itself works, but upon waking up my monitor does not wake (presumably due to graphics card not waking).
3.) eSATA currently does not work either. I was using TooSixy's edited JMB0 and JMB1 edits to DSDT.aml, but I cannot get those edits to work properly with the new BIOS.

Other than those issues (and the obvious SSDT issues relating to p-states on K series processors and SB i7s), 10.7.4 and BIOS 3207 works great on P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0!

I'm not using samisnake's bios but a version I patched myself. I've had no luck with audio and I've tried a lot of variations. Sleep/wake and energy saver sleep all work fine for me with no issues. Haven't tried esata yet.

Do you get sound assertion errors at boot? Do you see AppleHDA loaded when you run this in terminal?
Code:
kextstat | grep HDA

samisnake said:
this is meant for people with dsdts. you dont have to start from scratch though.

what i would do is make a dsdt (use the guide in my sig, or look for a prepatched dsdt, im sure there is one floating around for your board).

then delete all extra folder, and any kexts which are installed by easybeast (nullcpu, legacyapplertc, evoreboot etc) which are in /system/library/extensions.
you can see exactly which kexts are installed by easybeast by looking at multibeast, and highlighting easybeast.

then use userdsdt in multibeast (with the dsdt on the desktop).

restart the system, flash the bios for your board downloaded from the bios repo site (make sure you flash the right one for gen3). once its flashed go into the bios and make the right changes, eg ahci, then boot into osx.

speedstep should be working, test with msrdumper.
sleep will require slight changes to the bios settings, eg. internal pll overvoltage- disabled, c1e-enabled, c3 report-enabled, c6 report-enabled.

Hello Samisnake,

I have an Asus P8H67-I Deluxe w 8gb mem, ATI HD5750 with the ATI5000 Kext ID patch. I have 10.7.3 installed on one single drive. I flashed the Bios with the version 0803 Bios that was patched for speed stepper and sleep. I downloaded the DSDT from the repository here and at olaira.com. I have also made my own. No matter what I do I always get a hang at "PCI Configuration Begin" when booting. Any ideas how to fix this?

I also noticed the bios I downloaded from here doesn't have anything under HDEF for the audio. I was going to patch it but I can't even get that far.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back