Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewpotz said:
im in, but i now have no audio :(

is that just a simple next fix or am i looking at more problems

also sleep doesn't work, it sleeps then wakes straight back up again
That's because no DSDT. Did you remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext? Sleep will never work with it installed.

Do you want a DSDT or would you rather not use one and see how it goes?

removed nullcpumanagement.kext from s/l/e as well as a folder in extras.

removed the dsdt.aml from extras

really do need audio as i use this as my media server as well.

sleep isn't 100% important as i can live without it but audio is needed

Stewpotz said:

Assuming you've rebooted already, extract your DSDT and apply the patch I provided on page 27 for the GEN3 variant of your board. The patch should be the same.

Once your new DSDT is installed, audio should work if you've already had it working before.

brycv said:
Stewpotz said:

Assuming you've rebooted already, extract your DSDT and apply the patch I provided on page 27 for the GEN3 variant of your board. The patch should be the same.

Once your new DSDT is installed, audio should work if you've already had it working before.

do you mean

brycv said:
Francis said:
brycv said:
I don't see your DSDT attached to the post. :)
Silly me! :oops:

It's edited.
Thanks. It looks like the same P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 patch compiles perfectly for your board as well.
Asus P8Z68-V Pro-GEN3 3k BIOS.txt
if so, what do you mean extract the dsdt, i have a copy of dsdt.aml from before i deleted it from the mac partition if i just open the dsdt.aml and copy the patch, where do i copy it to.

sorry about all this, when it is working i am fine but when it isn't i am screwed ;-)

Brycv:
Here is the DSDT, it's off of the latest patch. If anything looks odd I do have a Yukon NIC plugged in as I didn't want to install any Kext's yet till I have a DSDT.

I'd love it if it's not to much trouble if you could come up with a Patch/DSDT(still going to take a stab at it myself, to see how far off, DSDT's really do seem like an art form). I've had mixed results when I do it myself :D Regardless lets see how well this system runs!

Phil

Attachments

• MaximusIVGENE-ZGen3.dsl
    415.2 KB · Views: 108
Stewpotz said:
if so, what do you mean extract the dsdt, i have a copy of dsdt.aml from before i deleted it from the mac partition if i just open the dsdt.aml and copy the patch, where do i copy it to.
It's all good. Go to this thread and extract your DSDT with DSDT Editor:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559

There isn't a correct patch at olarila for your board with 3k BIOS. You found the correct one on page 27 in this thread.

Use the thread's instructions to extact your DSDT. Step 5 says to apply the patch. Use the patch from page 27 there. Skip the audio section since it's included in the patch I created and then Compile the patch and save then it as DSDT.aml on your desktop.

Then copy DSDT.aml to /Extra and reboot. Does that all make sense?

philz said:
I'd love it if it's not to much trouble if you could come up with a Patch/DSDT(still going to take a stab at it myself, to see how far off, DSDT's really do seem like an art form). I've had mixed results when I do it myself :D Regardless lets see how well this system runs!
Excellent. I'll create a patch right now. Thank you.

philz said:
I'd love it if it's not to much trouble if you could come up with a Patch/DSDT.
Here's a preliminary patch. It covers all the normal items. Try it and see if that works. It has the necessary changes for ALC889 using the normal ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback from MultiBeast.
Asus-Maximus-IV-Gene-Z-GEN3-Patch.txt

Attachments

• Asus-Maximus-IV-Gene-Z-GEN3-Patch.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 157
brycv said:
philz said:
I'd love it if it's not to much trouble if you could come up with a Patch/DSDT.
Here's a preliminary patch. It covers all the normal items. Try it and see if that works. It has the necessary changes for ALC889 using the normal ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback from MultiBeast.
Asus-Maximus-IV-Gene-Z-GEN3-Patch.txt

Sweet it compiled with some errors that fixed themselves. Will give it a shot and see how it boots (runs off to download multi beast and get userDSDT installed).

Thank you!

brycv said:
Stewpotz said:
It's all good. Go to this thread and extract your DSDT with DSDT Editor:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559

There isn't a correct patch at olarila for your board with 3k BIOS. You found the correct one on page 27 in this thread.

Use the thread's instructions to extact your DSDT. Step 5 says to apply the patch. Use the patch from page 27 there. Skip the audio section since it's included in the patch I created and then Compile the patch and save then it as DSDT.aml on your desktop.

Then copy DSDT.aml to /Extra and reboot. Does that all make sense?

yep that worked, it also got sleep working, but it is a bit slow to sleep the second time round

in other words the first time it goes to sleep it is fine... straight away it goes off, but after waking if i click sleep again, it doesn't seem to want to go and then about a minute later it sleeps

it also takes bait to wake as well...

this is just being picky, but my gratitude goes out to you, you have fixed my hack :D

Cheers mate, your a legend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back