Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewpotz said:
Can someone give me a hand,
If i boot with -v it gets to nullcpumanagement::start then hangs

I have tried flashing the official 3203 with the modded one from the start of this post but it still hangs at nullcpumanagement::start
Cheers

Ah yes did this myself.
It means you still have the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext trying to load and that is conflicting with your newly flashed bios which doesn't need to load that kext any more.

I had to put my hard drive in another Hack to get to S/L/E so I could delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. Once I had done that she booted up fine.
Also make sure you have deleted or moved any DSDT out of your Extras folder as it will not be compatible with your new Bios.
(for good measure I took everything but chameleon.org.plist, smbios, and themes folder out of extras)

cheers, will try that when i get home, so i need to remove the dsdt from the Extra folder, as well as removing the nullcpumanagemnet.kext from S/L/E, is it as easy as just booting into windows searching the mac hdd and then delete or do i have to run next tool as well afterwards??

at the chimera bootloader stage, type -dsdt=null and then press enter.

this should get you into the system.
then delete the dsdt from the extra folder and nullcpu from s/l/e.

nullcpu isnt the cause of this. its the dsdt.
however, nullcpu isnt needed anymore as you are using a patched bios

brycv said:
Looking forward to hearing your experience with that board and getting a vanilla DSDT. It apparently has ALC889 audio by the way. I've been considering one myself but went with the Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 since it's Z77 but I might still pick up the Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 anyway.

How Vanilla do you want the DSDT? As in do I update to the patched 3xxx BIOS off the bat and pull the DSDT from that (could boot in with a linux disk)? or does it need to be from the non-patched BIOS? (last time I dealt with Patched BIOS's was when I was on Catri's team and back then it was for a non-DSDT'ed system. Different stuff really).

Board will arrive today, case tomorrow, and water cooling friday. I'll do some prelim stuff today to see how it runs, and get the vanilla DSDT for you, and progress from there :)

philz said:
How Vanilla do you want the DSDT? As in do I update to the patched 3xxx BIOS off the bat and pull the DSDT from that (could boot in with a linux disk)? or does it need to be from the non-patched BIOS? (last time I dealt with Patched BIOS's was when I was on Catri's team and back then it was for a non-DSDT'ed system. Different stuff really).
All I mean by vanilla is just without any other DSDT loaded. I use DSDT Editor and just Extract DSDT from there. Go ahead and patch your BIOS first although that doesn't really make a difference for the DSDT but I'd like a vanilla DSDT from a 3k BIOS for this board. Thank you!

Board will arrive today, case tomorrow, and water cooling friday. I'll do some prelim stuff today to see how it runs, and get the vanilla DSDT for you, and progress from there :)
Sounds great! What case did you choose? I think I'm going to get a SilverStone TJ08-E.

draken182 said:
Yes I used the latest e1000 kext from your link. It's okay with me for now ask don't use sleep, but 100% is the point here.
Try the e1000 version 1.10.6 (from April 14). That seems to be working well while the newer 1.11.3 driver seems to have errors in kernel.log. That might solve the sleep issue.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 05771&st=0

Bassguitarist said:
Hello Francis!
I red that you downgraded your 3203 bios.
What method did you use to downgrade.:rolleyes:
Thanks!
Hi,
I used flashrom under linux (I use debian squeeze, but you can choose your own poison. ;)
First copy your bios on a drive that could be read under linux: you can use fat32, ntfs even hfs+ filesystem.

Install flashrom under terminal (for debian, aptitude update && aptitude install flashrom)
man flashrom to see how to use it. I let you find by yourself the command to program the new bios, so you have to read the man page. :p
Before you have a go, BE WARNED: if anything goes wrong, you can brick your motherboard...

Keep us posted.

tried the string

-v -dsdt=null

but it is still hanging at the nullcpumanagement::start line

tried -v -dsdt=null nullcpumanagement=0 but still nothing, gets to the same line

if i boot into my windows partition and go over to the s/l/e folder and delete the nullcpumanagement.kext & remove the dsdt from extra will that work?

Stewpotz said:
tried the string

-v -dsdt=null

but it is still hanging at the nullcpumanagement::start line

tried -v -dsdt=null nullcpumanagement=0 but still nothing, gets to the same line

if i boot into my windows partition and go over to the s/l/e folder and delete the nullcpumanagement.kext & remove the dsdt from extra will that work?
Try DSDT=Null or DSDT=No without the dash. That's what worked for me in the past.

im in, but i now have no audio :(

is that just a simple next fix or am i looking at more problems

also sleep doesn't work, it sleeps then wakes straight back up again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back