Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
using my earlier post using the patched bios, rom, DSDT etc. i also used this Lacie USB 3.0 Driver:
http://www.lacie.com/more/index.htm?id=10112
(it's toward the bottom in the 1-5 instructions, Number 4

It may be the same driver as in Multibeast (not sure) but this one worked for me. no problems so far. That with the rest of the multibeast kexts for the board, AUDIO, DISK, NETWORK and the bluetooth i posted earlier in this thread.

Hope that helps.

Update on my Asus P8 Z68 V PRO/GEN3

Modified 3203 Bios flashed and patched DSDT.aml installed via multibeast.

The good:
Onboard audio now working (AppleHDA Rollback + ALC8xxHDA kexts installed via multibeast).
Boots up much faster.

The not so good:
Geekbench score dropped (from 10k to 8k).

The indifferent:
Sleep not working .

okay so i guess i may have jumped the gun on the sleep function. it seems that sleep does not work. it will shut everything down just to boot right back up, but not being usable. It stays asleep basically. ou have to reboot.

Yes I used the latest e1000 kext from your link. It's okay with me for now ask don't use sleep, but 100% is the point here.

draken182 said:
Yes I used the latest e1000 kext from your link. It's okay with me for now ask don't use sleep, but 100% is the point here.
I agree. Sleep has never been important to me either but I know it is for some. I'll see if I can figure out why it might not be working.

brycv said:
draken182 said:
I agree. Sleep has never been important to me either but I know it is for some. I'll see if I can figure out why it might not be working.

Sleep has always been a good indication of stability on my Hackintoshes. The machines I've had that worked with energy saver sleep were always rock solid and never had any issue that a real Mac wouldn't. Those that just allowed manual sleep always had obscure quirks, and those that never slept generally meant other incompatibilities.

Just my .02c ;) My Maximus Gene-Z/Gen 3 comes tomorrow and I really hope it works–even energy saver sleep! I'll try and get the clean BIOS for everyones dismantling :headbang:

philz said:
Sleep has always been a good indication of stability on my Hackintoshes. The machines I've had that worked with energy saver sleep were always rock solid and never had any issue that a real Mac wouldn't. Those that just allowed manual sleep always had obscure quirks, and those that never slept generally meant other incompatibilities.

Just my .02c ;) My Maximus Gene-Z/Gen 3 comes tomorrow and I really hope it works–even energy saver sleep! I'll try and get the clean BIOS for everyones dismantling :headbang:
Looking forward to hearing your experience with that board and getting a vanilla DSDT. It apparently has ALC889 audio by the way. I've been considering one myself but went with the Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 since it's Z77 but I might still pick up the Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 anyway.

Can someone give me a hand,

This might have already been answered, but i flashed my bios (P8Z68-V Pro non Gen3) with 3203 and then found out that i could not boot into my mac partition.

If i boot with -v it gets to nullcpumanagement::start then hangs

I have tried flashing the official 3203 with the modded one from the start of this post but it still hangs at nullcpumanagement::start

please can someone help me out.

Cheers

need to provide more info than that.

at first glance, i would assume its a dsdt issue, in which case you should be able to boot in with -dsdt=null

also, remember that when you flash a new bios version, the settings are returned to default, so youll need to redo the settings eg, ahci etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back