Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
draken182 said:
brycv said:
draken182 said:
One other thing is i can't seem to get HWMonitor to work? Any ideas? i've copied ACPISensors, IntelCPUMonitor and RadeonX kext's into the s/l/e folder, and when i run HWMonitor, it only displays HD's
That I have no idea on. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that one.

Okay, i downloaded the new FakeSMC binaries from http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.p ... hl=fakesmc and used Kext Wizard to overwrite ACPISensors, FakeSMC, IntelCPUMonitor and RadeonX kexts i previously had in my s/l/e and made a backup of them as well, and installed the new HWmonitor.app restarted and it displays my CPU's, GPU core temps and frequencies and Multipliers!

Wahoo!

So far total success with the new 3202 BIOS update/patch ROM patch and DSDT patch via brycv

Thanks everyone!
Excellent! Glad to hear it!

draken182 said:
So far total success with the new 3202 BIOS update/patch ROM patch and DSDT patch via brycv

Thanks everyone!

If you don't mind me asking, what is running on your system? I assume from the sound of it, even sleep (curious, even energy saver?). Regardless looking at this board for a new performance build. Needs to be M-ATX for what I'm plotting (or not, but not 100% sure)

Will there be a patch for the p8p67 pro bios v.2303? Currently using the 2103 bios with the dsdt from the tonyDB, but I can't get functional speedstep. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this effort.

philz said:
draken182 said:

Thanks everyone!

If you don't mind me asking, what is running on your system? I assume from the sound of it, even sleep (curious, even energy saver?). Regardless looking at this board for a new performance build. Needs to be M-ATX for what I'm plotting (or not, but not 100% sure)

Yes i can confirm witht he P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3 with the updated ROM/BIOS/DSDT and using the correct multi beast next, everything works. Sleep, hard drives, energy saver. No problems so far (knock on wood)

I will be putting together a tutorial in the next day so i will post it here.

Hey brycv, just a question. Don't take this as any critique, I'm just curious. How much thought are you actually putting down in the edits? I mean, I have AppleLPC loaded, SBUS loaded, info on SATA reads "Intel 6 Series chipset", USB works flawless after wake/sleep and the only thing I have done in my DSDT is fixing errors and warnings (using audio via USB). Thats it. None of the above things worked before 3k-BIOS but is there really any use in applying them now? Or maybe I'm just lucky with my P8Z68-V LX.

I guess what I mean to say is; are there any reasons other the the obvious "it doesn't work, lets patch it"?

And oh! Just noticed that there is no use for patching the AppleRTC (10.7.3) with my board and 3k BIOS. No CMOS-resets after sleep + restart :thumbup:

Greggen said:
Hey brycv, just a question. Don't take this as any critique, I'm just curious. How much thought are you actually putting down in the edits? I mean, I have AppleLPC loaded, SBUS loaded, info on SATA reads "Intel 6 Series chipset", USB works flawless after wake/sleep and the only thing I have done in my DSDT is fixing errors and warnings (using audio via USB). Thats it. None of the above things worked before 3k-BIOS but is there really any use in applying them now? Or maybe I'm just lucky with my P8Z68-V LX.

I guess what I mean to say is; are there any reasons other the the obvious "it doesn't work, lets patch it"?

And oh! Just noticed that there is no use for patching the AppleRTC (10.7.3) with my board and 3k BIOS. No CMOS-resets after sleep + restart :thumbup:
No offense taken. I've looked at the patches briefly but I don't have a Z68 board with 3k BIOS. I am doing a subset of the patches I needed for the C206-based Asus P8B WS which works perfectly. I will be doing more testing before I make a full thread about the process and part of that is evaluating what each and every patch actually does. I'm still in the seeing-if-it-works-well phase right now.

One of the big changes (there are quite a few) is that prior to the 3k BIOS releases and with my P8B WS, there was no HDEF device in the DSDT. This had to be patched in the DSDT. Now there is an HDEF device and that makes things easier. As you pointed out, SBUS is also working out of the box.

The biggest reason to create a DSDT is for full sound functionality or other customizations that might be required but as you're using USB audio (which works superbly in my experience) that doesn't affect you either.

As we've also seen with the Gigabyte Z77 boards and some from other brands (MSI Z68) along with the 3k BIOS Asus Z68 and now Z77 boards, the new UEFI DSDT layouts are very OS X friendly. That means it may not be strictly necessary to have a patched DSDT anymore.

Should you try patching your DSDT? It's up to you. If everything works perfectly for you without a DSDT then it's probably not necessary. That's part of the evaluation going on for new Z77 boards as well. Thanks for your questions. The more discussion the better. :)

draken182 said:
philz said:
draken182 said:

Thanks everyone!

Yes i can confirm witht he P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3 with the updated ROM/BIOS/DSDT and using the correct multi beast next, everything works. Sleep, hard drives, energy saver. No problems so far (knock on wood)

I will be putting together a tutorial in the next day so i will post it here.

I take it that doesn't include USB3 playing nicely with sleep? <Hopeful look on face>

I take it that doesn't include USB3 playing nicely with sleep? <Hopeful look on face>

Tested thumbdrive in USB3.0 port went to sleep, woke up working. All drives Went to sleep, and woke up. Bluetooth worked on wake also.

draken182 said:

Tested thumbdrive in USB3.0 port went to sleep, woke up working. All drives Went to sleep, and woke up. Bluetooth worked on wake also.

Could you please post the method somewhere for your USB3? As soon as I use the PXHCD kext, I have issues with sleep waking up right away, and shutdown issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back