Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Te-Moz said:
Display - sleep and wake works great.
Machine - sleep and wake works with just one small problem that the network does not come back correctly. Which isn't a huge issue for me as I hardly ever use full sleep anyway, and may have more to do with the fact that I'm running without a dsdt at the moment.
Would you bee so kind to post the zipped output of IORegistryExplorer, and your bios settings?
My rig does not wake after sleep. Worked several weeks ago, with or without DSDT and no more today.
As I know that it could, I would like to correct that, it is the only thing that does not works... :x

If it could be important, I installed the USB3 TurboBoost upgrade under windows to get USB3 support, did you?

This is just sweet! A lot of stuff just works OOTB with 3707 for P8Z68-V LX for me. Sleep, Wake, USB yada yada... it just works! =D Really appreciate all the time and knowledge everybody involved puts in this. THANKS!

One thing though. Under Diagnostics and "Power on Self-test" it tells me it Failed due to memory bank 0 & 2. Does even if I remove the ram from those banks. Or switch with another one. It recognizes all 16GB (4x4) and it all seems to work, it's just annoying ;D Anyone else got this with the new 3XXX BIOSes?

Greggen said:
One thing though. Under Diagnostics and "Power on Self-test" it tells me it Failed due to memory bank 0 & 2. Does even if I remove the ram from those banks. Or switch with another one. It recognizes all 16GB (4x4) and it all seems to work, it's just annoying ;D Anyone else got this with the new 3XXX BIOSes?

I got this error, too.
By the way, I tested my ram with memtest86 and found that the 2 modules of these slots were indeed bad.
Of course, I tested them with a USB key booting under memtest, and as lone modules on the first slot.

Strange...

Even with these modules removed (down from 4x4GB to 2x4GB), I get the same error for the 2 empty slots.

Stranger & stranger...

I am thinking to downgrade to patched 1101...

Greggen said:
This is just sweet! A lot of stuff just works OOTB with 3707 for P8Z68-V LX for me. Sleep, Wake, USB yada yada... it just works! =D Really appreciate all the time and knowledge everybody involved puts in this. THANKS!

I see the same thing on my Sabertooth Z77 with 32GB of memory. Everything works fine but it must be some sort of change in the 3k BIOS for Z68 and BIOS for Z77 that trips up the diagnostic stuff.

Here's what i have run into:
1. I flashed my P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3 bios. everything is fine.
2. Clean install of Lion 10.7.3 using Unibeast
3. Boots up no problem
4. Then i tried following Samisnake's guide for the DSDT by using the patched P8Z68-V Pro in DSDT editor. Extract my DSDT, open the patched rom, apply, but it gives me 142 errors after i choose fix errors.

any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

brycv said:
I see the same thing on my Sabertooth Z77 with 32GB of memory. Everything works fine but it must be some sort of change in the 3k BIOS for Z68 and BIOS for Z77 that trips up the diagnostic stuff.

Great, feels better when I'm not alone XD Will keep you posted if I find something.

draken182 said:
3. Boots up no problem
4. Then i tried following Samisnake's guide for the DSDT by using the patched P8Z68-V Pro in DSDT editor. Extract my DSDT, open the patched rom, apply, but it gives me 142 errors after i choose fix errors.

Thanks in advance!

Been looking through the DSDTs abit and there seems to be quite a few changes in them. Someone probably needs to update the "auto-patch"-files. Till then you'll have to apply them one and one (the ones you need that is. Right now I'm not using a single one, everything seems to work anyway :thumbup: )

draken182 said:
3. Boots up no problem

Thanks in advance!
It's because the patch for the P8Z68-V Pro was created based on the older pre-3k BIOS. The DSDT has changed quite a bit with the 3k BIOS. You can start by using the process I did here for the Asus P8B WS. I will be making a universal guide but haven't finished it yet.

viewtopic.php?p=333262#p333262

It's because the patch for the P8Z68-V Pro was created based on the older pre-3k BIOS. The DSDT has changed quite a bit with the 3k BIOS. You can start by using the process I did here for the Asus P8B WS. I will be making a universal guide but haven't finished it yet.

viewtopic.php?p=333262#p333262

Okay thanks. That would be great. I took a look at what you did, but i think i will wait for a guide as i dont want to screw this up TOO bad, lol.

Thanks!

Hey Francis, sorry for the slow response. Answers to your queries below.

Francis said:
Would you bee so kind to post the zipped output of IORegistryExplorer, and your bios settings?
I don't have IORegistryExplorer installed, and I have a stack of planning to do for work coming up, so time to 'play' is non-existent...sorry. Will try and put down what I have for Bios Settings.

Francis said:
If it could be important, I installed the USB3 TurboBoost upgrade under windows to get USB3 support, did you?
I don't have any USB3 peripherals so have no need for it at the moment.
Here are my main Bios settings. Turbo ratio settings are as per RevoGirls Blog. Other settings are as per this thread or Bios download page. Everything else is pretty much standard.

1-IMG_0019_2.JPG

1-IMG_0020_2.JPG

1-IMG_0021_2.JPG

Attachments

• 1-IMG_0019_2.JPG
    1-IMG_0019_2.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 552
  • 1-IMG_0020_2.JPG
    1-IMG_0020_2.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 469
  • 1-IMG_0021_2.JPG
    1-IMG_0021_2.JPG