Motherboard
MSI Z97i Gaming ACK
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 670
ScreenShot2012-08-25at152228copy.png

Power Management on Asus 1155 Motherboards

Click for more info- http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/71307-modified-uefi-rom-faq.html#post443477

Asus locked part of their UEFI bioses, which results in a kernel panic when booting into OSX

The ways to sort this are to use one of these options:
1. use nullcpupowermanagement (also included in easybeast)
2. use a patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext
3. flash a modified bios

Using nullcpu is not a good idea as it means your cpu runs at full speed 24/7 and sleep will not work.
Using a patched appleintel kext means sleep and power management works, however after every update the kext has to be replaced (in the same way audio kexts have to be reselected). This can get annoying.

Flashing a modified bios only has to be done once
Using one of these roms means you won't have to use nullcpu or patched AICPUPM kext

These roms can be found at http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/

Consult your boards manual if you are unsure on how to update the bios
Note- Z77 boards must use the USB Flashback feature

When flashing any bios, there are risks that you may corrupt your bios.
If you are happy taking that risk, download the right rom for your board, and follow the instructions on the site.

Note- Windows is not affected when using one of these roms. The modification is small. Nothing is added or removed.

Credits-
RevoGirl
Brycv

Promising! And what about the DSDT's?

tonymacx86 said:
Mate94 said:
Promising! And what about the DSDT's?

On the way.
I didn't want to be rude, I appreaciate your works and just want to avoid the misunderstanding. ;)

samisnake said:
Using one of these roms means you won't have to use nullcpu or speedstepper.

For new systems, flash the correct bios, then either look for a prepatched DSDT or make your own DSDT using this guide viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559

I thank you for this extremely helpful tool.
I would like to be clear, since I already have nullcpu*.kext ..
I should remove this before or after flashing bios with this.

Also, I have a system which is not brand new anymore since I have installed apps and have things at least mostly running (speedstep and sleep excluded). Can I flash my system with this, or should I start from scratch.

And being that I have been unable to find a working dsdt, or get my own to work (after about two dozen times and having to reinstall) does this require a dsdt, or does this just patch the cpu. I apologize for asking so many questions, I just don't want to blow up my board.

ps.
I have p8z67 v Pro/Gen III (audio works, no 5.1/7.1)
msi 570 GTX (works no hdmi audio yet or 5.1/7.1)
8gb ram
2 ssd (1 osx, 1 1/2 windows 7, 1/2 Ubuntu

3 tb storage drive internal...

I'm at least running things, but sleep is important to me as is speedstep. just trying to get these to work,. This excellent resource is greatly appreciated, thank you for your hard efforts, and also documenting.

this is meant for people with dsdts. you dont have to start from scratch though.

what i would do is make a dsdt (use the guide in my sig, or look for a prepatched dsdt, im sure there is one floating around for your board).

then delete all extra folder, and any kexts which are installed by easybeast (nullcpu, legacyapplertc, evoreboot etc) which are in /system/library/extensions.
you can see exactly which kexts are installed by easybeast by looking at multibeast, and highlighting easybeast.

then use userdsdt in multibeast (with the dsdt on the desktop).

restart the system, flash the bios for your board downloaded from the bios repo site (make sure you flash the right one for gen3). once its flashed go into the bios and make the right changes, eg ahci, then boot into osx.

speedstep should be working, test with msrdumper.
sleep will require slight changes to the bios settings, eg. internal pll overvoltage- disabled, c1e-enabled, c3 report-enabled, c6 report-enabled.

samisnake said:
this is meant for people with dsdts. you dont have to start from scratch though.

what i would do is make a dsdt (use the guide in my sig, or look for a prepatched dsdt, im sure there is one floating around for your board).

then delete all extra folder, and any kexts which are installed by easybeast (nullcpu, legacyapplertc, evoreboot etc) which are in /system/library/extensions.
you can see exactly which kexts are installed by easybeast by looking at multibeast, and highlighting easybeast.

then use userdsdt in multibeast (with the dsdt on the desktop).

restart the system, flash the bios for your board downloaded from the bios repo site (make sure you flash the right one for gen3). once its flashed go into the bios and make the right changes, eg ahci, then boot into osx.

speedstep should be working, test with msrdumper.
sleep will require slight changes to the bios settings, eg. internal pll overvoltage- disabled, c1e-enabled, c3 report-enabled, c6 report-enabled.

I will give it a go, nothing like experimentation...
Thank you Samisnake, incredible work.

at least I have like 15 backups ready when this thing blows up.. I'm seem to be wicked good at that.

Sorry,
It looks like the BIOS File for the ASUS P8H67-I Deluxe is corrupt. Needs to be reuploaded or new link to a proper file.

Jacob

just downloaded it, the link is working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back