Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
philz said:
brycv said:
philz said:
I'd love it if it's not to much trouble if you could come up with a Patch/DSDT.
Here's a preliminary patch. It covers all the normal items. Try it and see if that works. It has the necessary changes for ALC889 using the normal ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback from MultiBeast.
Asus-Maximus-IV-Gene-Z-GEN3-Patch.txt

Sweet it compiled with some errors that fixed themselves. Will give it a shot and see how it boots (runs off to download multi beast and get userDSDT installed).

Thank you!
Great! Looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

Stewpotz said:
yep that worked, it also got sleep working, but it is a bit slow to sleep the second time round

in other words the first time it goes to sleep it is fine... straight away it goes off, but after waking if i click sleep again, it doesn't seem to want to go and then about a minute later it sleeps

it also takes bait to wake as well...

this is just being picky, but my gratitude goes out to you, you have fixed my hack :D
I've seen that too. It's sometimes that way on real Macs as well. Glad it's working though.

Cheers mate, your a legend!!
Ha! I don't know about that. There are quite a few legends here but I'm not one of them. I'm just compiling some stuff together that others have done the hard work on. :)

brycv said:

Results:

Going to try energy saver sleep without the Yukon adapter. Will see if that works and give a status update here. Any idea why Toledo's edit's won't compile? It's complaint about lack of existence of some objects, but I mean they should exist...

Regardless awesome work, let me know if there is more you'd like me to test.

Phil

philz said:
brycv said:

Results:
  • Manual Sleep Works[/*:m:30ssvkvo]
  • Energy Saver Sleep does not (even tried toledo's sleep edits, but it won't compile... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=57287)[/*:m:30ssvkvo]
  • Sounds Works[/*:m:30ssvkvo]

Going to try energy saver sleep without the Yukon adapter. Will see if that works and give a status update here. Any idea why Toledo's edit's won't compile? It's complaint about lack of existence of some objects, but I mean they should exist...
I'll try patching the DSDT you sent me and then adding those edits and see if I can figure out why it won't compile. It would be great to have it 100% working with Energy Saver sleep as well.

brycv said:
I'll try patching the DSDT you sent me and then adding those edits and see if I can figure out why it won't compile. It would be great to have it 100% working with Energy Saver sleep as well.

No go on the PCIE NIC being the cause. Installed the 4/14 Intel 1000e kext with Kext Utility and rebooted with the Network in the Intel onboard jack with PCIE NIC removed and no difference. No energy saver sleep :(

philz said:
No go on the PCIE NIC being the cause. Installed the 4/14 Intel 1000e kext with Kext Utility and rebooted with the Network in the Intel onboard jack with PCIE NIC removed and no difference. No energy saver sleep :(
You're right about those edits not working. None of the objects are found. I think that's probably something to take up in that thread. I'm not sure what to do with that.

I've never investigate Energy Saver sleep on a hackintosh before. Is this something that often works?

brycv said:
philz said:
You're right about those edits not working. None of the objects are found. I think that's probably something to take up in that thread. I'm not sure what to do with that.

I've never investigate Energy Saver sleep on a hackintosh before. Is this something that often works?

It's something I've had working back when I had a Q6600, my P67 board, and then at first with my Z68 board. Not this one (obviously) or the Z77X-UD5H (being returned to Amazon, one of the DIMM slots "holder/thump press" snapped the first time I tried to take the ram out... *ugh*

Will mention on his thread

Hey everyone,

I have installed the patched bios for the Maximus IV Extreme Z, and when i first load lion and try to load the DSDT for this board it crashes everytime i try to boot.

So clearly i need a prepatched DSDT, does anyone know if this exists for this board on the patched bios?
I have searched the entire interwebs with no luck and would appreciate any guidance so i can continue setting up my system :)

Thanks in advance.

ProficienT said:
I have installed the patched bios for the Maximus IV Extreme Z, and when i first load lion and try to load the DSDT for this board it crashes everytime i try to boot.

So clearly i need a prepatched DSDT, does anyone know if this exists for this board on the patched bios?
I have searched the entire interwebs with no luck and would appreciate any guidance so i can continue setting up my system :)

Back on page 26 or 27 of this thread I compiled a patch specific to the Maximus IV Extreme Z with 3k BIOS so you can patch your vanilla DSDT extracted by DSDT Editor. It's in this post: viewtopic.php?p=359861#p359861

Try that and see if it works for you.

Good day friends,
This is my first build and fortunately I found a system (Win 7) with this current spec.

ASUS P8P67-M high end Motherboard
- Intel Sandy Bridge Core i5 - 2500k 3.3GHz (can be over clocked to more than 4.8GHz)
- G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB DDR3 SDRAM
- 1 TB Hitachi 7200RPM Drive
- XFX ATI Radeon HD6870 1 GB DDR5 Video Card
- Cooler Master CPU Cooler
- Raidmax Hybrid Power supply 730W SLI ready

I am planning to revamp the whole thing and run Mac OS X. I noticed this site has a list of recommended Motherboards and GPU. What do i need to know about this ASUS motherboard? the DPST list in this site doesn't include P8P67-M (list stated Pro and DELUXE). any advice would be greatly appreciated. How difficult is it do use this motherboard? I have extra cash to buy a Gigabyte one. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back