i7 4,8 OC'd
Graphics
GeForce GTX 570 HD
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I take it that doesn't include USB3 playing nicely with sleep? <Hopeful look on face>

Tested thumbdrive in USB3.0 port went to sleep, woke up working. All drives Went to sleep, and woke up. Bluetooth worked on wake also.

Motherboard
Asus P8Z68 pro gen3
CPU
I5-2500k
Graphics
Nvidia 560ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
draken182 said:
I take it that doesn't include USB3 playing nicely with sleep? <Hopeful look on face>

Tested thumbdrive in USB3.0 port went to sleep, woke up working. All drives Went to sleep, and woke up. Bluetooth worked on wake also.

Could you please post the method somewhere for your USB3? As soon as I use the PXHCD kext, I have issues with sleep waking up right away, and shutdown issues..

Motherboard
Mac Pro 3,1 Mountain Lion
CPU
i7 4,8 OC'd
Graphics
GeForce GTX 570 HD
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
using my earlier post using the patched bios, rom, DSDT etc. i also used this Lacie USB 3.0 Driver:
http://www.lacie.com/more/index.htm?id=10112
(it's toward the bottom in the 1-5 instructions, Number 4

It may be the same driver as in Multibeast (not sure) but this one worked for me. no problems so far. That with the rest of the multibeast kexts for the board, AUDIO, DISK, NETWORK and the bluetooth i posted earlier in this thread.

Hope that helps.

Motherboard
OSX 10 / WIN 8.1
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
GTX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Update on my Asus P8 Z68 V PRO/GEN3

Modified 3203 Bios flashed and patched DSDT.aml installed via multibeast.

The good:
Onboard audio now working (AppleHDA Rollback + ALC8xxHDA kexts installed via multibeast).
Boots up much faster.

The not so good:
Geekbench score dropped (from 10k to 8k).

The indifferent:
Sleep not working .

Motherboard
CPU
i7 4,8 OC'd
Graphics
GeForce GTX 570 HD
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
okay so i guess i may have jumped the gun on the sleep function. it seems that sleep does not work. it will shut everything down just to boot right back up, but not being usable. It stays asleep basically. ou have to reboot.

Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
CPU
Core i7 3770S
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
CPU
i7 4,8 OC'd
Graphics
GeForce GTX 570 HD
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes I used the latest e1000 kext from your link. It's okay with me for now ask don't use sleep, but 100% is the point here.

Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
CPU
Core i7 3770S
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
draken182 said:
Yes I used the latest e1000 kext from your link. It's okay with me for now ask don't use sleep, but 100% is the point here.
I agree. Sleep has never been important to me either but I know it is for some. I'll see if I can figure out why it might not be working.

CPU
i7 2600K @ 4.8ghz
Graphics
560 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
brycv said:
draken182 said:
I agree. Sleep has never been important to me either but I know it is for some. I'll see if I can figure out why it might not be working.

Sleep has always been a good indication of stability on my Hackintoshes. The machines I've had that worked with energy saver sleep were always rock solid and never had any issue that a real Mac wouldn't. Those that just allowed manual sleep always had obscure quirks, and those that never slept generally meant other incompatibilities.

Just my .02c ;) My Maximus Gene-Z/Gen 3 comes tomorrow and I really hope it works–even energy saver sleep! I'll try and get the clean BIOS for everyones dismantling :headbang:

Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
CPU
Core i7 3770S
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
philz said:
Sleep has always been a good indication of stability on my Hackintoshes. The machines I've had that worked with energy saver sleep were always rock solid and never had any issue that a real Mac wouldn't. Those that just allowed manual sleep always had obscure quirks, and those that never slept generally meant other incompatibilities.

Just my .02c ;) My Maximus Gene-Z/Gen 3 comes tomorrow and I really hope it works–even energy saver sleep! I'll try and get the clean BIOS for everyones dismantling :headbang:
Looking forward to hearing your experience with that board and getting a vanilla DSDT. It apparently has ALC889 audio by the way. I've been considering one myself but went with the Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 since it's Z77 but I might still pick up the Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.