CPU
I7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@MacMan, great guide and really like the idea of a kext-less approach, it seems less problematic for future upgrades and such. To anyone who might have an idea on this, I have included my aml file from the extracted SSDT. My file appears to be more like @djashjones file in post #60. This leads me to a few questions so I may learn as I go.
1.) Do I need to make any adjustments directly to lines 87 thru 192?
2.) What is line 256 (Method CNDP...) and all the text down to line 356? (I am just curious)
3.) For Example, I would like to turn off HS01, (USB2) (line 363), so as I understand it, I would change line 371 from One to Zero. Do I need to change the value in line 380 as well? It seems I have more If/Else statements making me confused.
4.) When I have finished and installed the newly compiled aml into EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched I understand I need to remove the USBInjectALL.kext and the Remove XHCI USB Port Limit patch in clover. In this borrowed portion of a picture, are these the 4 in the red box to be removed?
1 - I have never changed anything in the fields that look like those.

2 - no idea but nothing you should worry your thunderbolt or USB c on another controller would be on say RP5

3 - Look at post 28 that is a gigabyte board, but based on that for you to turn off HS01 line 375 should be zero and that is what you currently have listed. I think you would leave line 371 alone, or maybe make them both zero. But post 28 should be the closest to your AML since it is a gigabyte.

4 - You need to make sure once you put the file in the patched folder that in clover you have the auto merge option checked or it will not work.

There is no way to delete your double post unless maybe a mod does it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M D3H
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
1 - I have never changed anything in the fields that look like those.

2 - no idea but nothing you should worry your thunderbolt or USB c on another controller would be on say RP5

3 - Look at post 28 that is a gigabyte board, but based on that for you to turn off HS01 line 375 should be zero and that is what you currently have listed. I think you would leave line 371 alone, or maybe make them both zero. But post 28 should be the closest to your AML since it is a gigabyte.

4 - You need to make sure once you put the file in the patched folder that in clover you have the auto merge option checked or it will not work.

There is no way to delete your double post unless maybe a mod does it.
Thank you for your quick response. Do you happen to know about the for kexts in the Clover Configurator Picture I have listed in my last post?

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you for your quick response. Do you happen to know about the for kexts in the Clover Configurator Picture I have listed in my last post?
For testing purposes the easiest way to 'remove' the port-limit removal patch lines is to tick the "Disabled" box at the end of the line and then Save. That way you can put them back just as easily if things don't work out :thumbup:

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M D3H
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
For testing purposes the easiest way to 'remove' the port-limit removal patch lines is to tick the "Disabled" box at the end of the line and then Save. That way you can put them back just as easily if things don't work out :thumbup:
@UtterDisbelief, thanks for your reply. I am actually in the process of testing things right now and have things in place, as far as I know. I did just like you said and ticked the "Disabled" box. Currently, IORegistry is showing only the ports I want and I just finished speed testing the ports. I think maybe the USB3 ports are running a bit slow but I will get to that question in a new post I think. When I am sure all is well, I will end up deleting the port-limit removal patch as I would like to keep the system as clean as possible.

Would you happen to know about the need to change line 380 from One to Zero? I understand I can go through the process of trial and error and I will if it comes to that, but if someone already figured it out, the info would be appreciated.

And thanks to you or to the person who deleted my accidental post.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@UtterDisbelief, thanks for your reply. I am actually in the process of testing things right now and have things in place, as far as I know. I did just like you said and ticked the "Disabled" box. Currently, IORegistry is showing only the ports I want and I just finished speed testing the ports. I think maybe the USB3 ports are running a bit slow but I will get to that question in a new post I think. When I am sure all is well, I will end up deleting the port-limit removal patch as I would like to keep the system as clean as possible.

Would you happen to know about the need to change line 380 from One to Zero? I understand I can go through the process of trial and error and I will if it comes to that, but if someone already figured it out, the info would be appreciated.

And thanks to you or to the person who deleted my accidental post.
Currently I'm still working on this technique for Gigabyte motherboards and my own board is not identical to yours.

However, I would leave 380 as it is.

I would only change (in your example) 375 etc.

Let me know how it goes:thumbup:

:)

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M D3H
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Currently I'm still working on this technique for Gigabyte motherboards and my own board is not identical to yours.

However, I would leave 380 as it is.

I would only change (in your example) 375 etc.

Let me know how it goes:thumbup:

:)
Currently testing a few changes. But this does lead to a new question.

So I went through the guide in post one, thank you MacMan, and have everything in place. The IORegistry is looking good with only the USB Ports I designated. All ports test good with both USB2 and USB3. If I want to do a new SSDT extraction with the F4 command when Clover is booted at the main menu, should the file that is placed in the EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/ be the new updated file or the original file I started with? FYI, I am getting the original SSDT-X.aml file I started with before making modifications.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M D3H
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Just to finish with this part of the build. Everything is finished and set up as per the guide.

Just to answer some of my own questions. I asked if I needed to change line 380 in my .aml file shown in post #90. The answer is no. From my research and testing, (I did change the value to Zero), it does not make a difference for this guide. I am sure it has some value because it is in a line of an IF/Else/Else statement.

Just to let others know, from my research and trial and error, the only value you want to change from One to Zero or vice versa is the one before the Else statement(which should be the first one only). My .aml file has an If/Else/Else statement with each followed by a Return (GUPC (One/Zero)) as given in the example below. The values following each Return, first Return = One, second Return = Zero, third Return = One, is the default on position.

Thanks again for all the help from everybody
Thaigyver

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M D3H
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Just a quick question if anyone has an answer. I finished the kext-less USB set up guide procedure in post #1 by @MacMan, with plenty of great info by @Lauderdale, and with the help of others in the forum. I tested each USB port for correct speed with both USB2 and USB3 thumb drives and all is well. When I look in System Information under USB I only see a USB 3.1 Bus, picture below. And to answer any questions, the only USB I am using in that picture are 2 USB2 ports for keyboard and mouse.

So, I populated almost all of the USB ports with thumb drives and looked again. Picture included below. Regardless if I am using a USB2, USB3, USB3.1 Type-C port, or a USB2, USB3, USB3.1 Type-C thumb drive, they all show up under the same USB 3.1 Bus.

Is this correct or have I made an error along the way?

Thanks
Thaigyver

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just a quick question if anyone has an answer. I finished the kext-less USB set up guide procedure in post #1 by @MacMan, with plenty of great info by @Lauderdale, and with the help of others in the forum. I tested each USB port for correct speed with both USB2 and USB3 thumb drives and all is well. When I look in System Information under USB I only see a USB 3.1 Bus, picture below. And to answer any questions, the only USB I am using in that picture are 2 USB2 ports for keyboard and mouse.

So, I populated almost all of the USB ports with thumb drives and looked again. Picture included below. Regardless if I am using a USB2, USB3, USB3.1 Type-C port, or a USB2, USB3, USB3.1 Type-C thumb drive, they all show up under the same USB 3.1 Bus.

Is this correct or have I made an error along the way?

Thanks
Thaigyver
I have a 3.1 and a 3.0 bus. I am guessing one is from one controller and the other is from the other controller since my board has two controllers. If your board only has one controller then everything would be listed under the 3.1 controller because you do not have a 3.0 controller.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@MacMan

Long story short I discovered that you can use Asus SSDT with an MSI board seems like everything is working fine.

The usb 3.0 and 3.1 look to be showing correctly. Speeds look correct.