CPU
Intel Core i7-4790k
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 660TI
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer UEFI v2.50A | i7-4790k | macOS Mojave 10.14.0 | GeForce GTX 660ti (2x SLI)

I have been unable to get native audio support working on my computer via AppleALC. I've followed the AppleHDA Realtek Audio guide as well as I can, but the only audio devices that I've ever gotten to show up this way are software or USB based; no audio output at all. I may be fairly tech savvy, but there's still a good bit in that guide that goes over my head, like how to find out whether my computer falls into any of the categories laid out in the following snippet from the guide I used.
Notes/AppleHDA.kext:
  • macOS does not natively support Intel:
    • Z370/200 Series/X299 Kaby Lake audio (no macOS support)
    • 300/200/100 Series desktop motherboard audio (no HDEF)
    • X299/X99 workstation motherboard audio (no HDEF)
    • X79 workstation motherboard audio (no HDEF)
    • Legacy motherboards (4, 5, X58/no HDEF)
    • Fixes, see IX. Unsupported/Non-working AppleHDA Realtek Audio, below.
  • macOS natively supports Intel:
    • 9/8/7/6 Series desktop motherboard audio (with HDEF)
I've used Kextbeast to install Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext into Library/Extensions and into EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other on both my USB boot drive, and my main macOS drive (in separate instances, of course.) I've also edited the Clover config.plist to set the Audio Layout tab using each of ALC1150's supported layouts: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 11. So far, no dice.

I can get audio output working via VoodooHDA, but doesn't give me proper microphone or audio input support; all it does is reroute the mic audio straight to my headphones like I'm monitoring the input. MacOS doesn't register mics or line-in audio otherwise.

As per the Problem Reporting section of the Realtek Audio guide, I've attached all required documents in a single ZIP folder.

Honestly, I'll take any solution that lets me use my headphones, microphone, and capture my iPad audio via OBS.

Attachments

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
no audio yet.
bcmesg is wrong
Try:
Code:
bdmesg
IOReg does not show AppleALC.kext loading. where is it installed? Lilu.kext, installed, where?
Restart, reply with new files

Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790k
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 660TI
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
To answer your question, I had Lilu and AppleALC installed in System/Library/Extensions, but based on the lack of audio at that point, it must've been in the wrong place. I tried using Kextbeast to install them to Library/Extensions, remove them from S/L/E and remove the extra copies from EFI partition/Clover/Kexts/Other. With AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in Library/Extensions, now I have audio.

Thank you so much for your help, Toleda. Here are my files to help others with my motherboard find their audio.

Attachments