ASRock Z97M OC Formula
i5-4590
ASUS GeForce GTX 760

MultiBeast Configuration:
Quick Start > DSDT Free

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328
Drivers > Network > Atheros > AtherosE2200Ethernet v1.0.0Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 15,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 remixed

We installed Yosemite using UniBeast and MultiBeast and have struggled through many crashes along the way. The installer would crash 1/3 of the way through the apple logo. Boot flags -x and maxmem=4096 helped us get passed the apple logo. Then while entering information into installer the system would crash but we kept restarting and got further each time until the installer completed. We had to install the boot loader to the EFI partition to get the system to boot without the installer USB drive. The system boots now and most things work. Sleep/wake doesn't work properly and the system crashes on wake. Haven't tried iMessage yet but the AppStore works.

Is anyone else using a ASRock Z97M OC Formula? This has been a real pain in contrast to my first Hackintosh build (ga-z77x-ud5h, i7-3770K, integrated graphics)

Hello,

Yes I am using the AsRock Z97M OC Formula.

Quite painfull installation here too.... I am not getting past the 1/3rd of the way through the Apple logo...
-x and maxmem=4096 won't help at all.

Well, ...not sure that helps you much :p .... I will try various BIOS options to try and go a bit further :crazy:

I have a similar build, but with a 9800 GT.

I ended up using Clover to install Yosemite, because I got frustrated with the UniBeast method crashing.

Sleep/wake also crashes on wake on my system.

I'm in my first few hours of the same... i7-4790, GTX 750Ti..

Hello.
I used unibeast and boot flags -x -no -fp when install from usb. after that used clover config.Yosemite up and running two days now, still some usb ports won't work and no audio but haven't tested hdmi yet, if the audio works from there. so do anybody understand what to pick in clover configurator for this board?:wave:

I used unibeast and boot flags -x -no -fp

-no -fp is wrong boot flag, correct usage of the flag is -no-zp

after that used clover config.Yosemite up and running two days now, still some usb ports won't work and no audio but haven't tested hdmi yet, if the audio works from there. so do anybody understand what to pick in clover configurator for this board?:wave:

For enabling onboard audio (ALC885 - ALC 1150): http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

For HDMI Audio : http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

Ok my bad. i typed in the boot flage wrong but thank you for the help abot the audio, got the usb working some how,:headbang:Thank you so much for the information about HDMI Audio some how missed that when googled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back