Contribute
Register

Asrock Z87 Extreme4, i7-4770k, EVGA GTX 780ti PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would make a lot of sense to always use that.

Using the the graphics card right now, this is the screen it flashes too (I assume affect checking all the system files?)

The image appears to be upside down....

Ok, try this set of flags :

-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No

If they dont work, try the same set again but add this to the end :

maxmem=4096

I tried the first, and that didn't work. I tried adding the maxmem=4096, but it didn't completely appear in the box? So I don't know if it was entered.

With maxmem, it still did not work.

Should I try without using the graphics card, or is that not a problem?

I tried the first, and that didn't work. I tried adding the maxmem=4096, but it didn't completely appear in the box? So I don't know if it was entered.

With maxmem, it still did not work.

Should I try without using the graphics card, or is that not a problem?

Well those flags work for the matx version of that board, so they should be similar for yours.

But, installing from the 780Ti, im not sure if that works for the installation or not. You can play it safe by installing using the built-in graphics and a single monitor, then switch it back once the installation is complete.

Change the settings in the bios, remove the card, connect to one of the built in graphics connectors.

In that case the boot flags need to change.

On mine it went like so :

-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes

Again, if that doesnt work then add maxmem=4096 to the end of it.

Reply back with a screen shot if it fails.

Well those flags work for the matx version of that board, so they should be similar for yours.

But, installing from the 780Ti, im not sure if that works for the installation or not. You can play it safe by installing using the built-in graphics and a single monitor, then switch it back once the installation is complete.

Change the settings in the bios, remove the card, connect to one of the built in graphics connectors.

In that case the boot flags need to change.

On mine it went like so :

-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes

Again, if that doesnt work then add maxmem=4096 to the end of it.

Reply back with a screen shot if it fails.

Ok, so I removed the card, updated the settings in the BIOS, and used those boot flags, and it goes further, then it says 'something'=Success (it flashes that and I don't have time to read)

this is a picture of the lines just before it adds a couple more lines and says success. Now, after it says success, the screen goes dark and there is no picture at all. However, the computer stays on and does not restart into windows (which it used to do when it was failing)

I think ink that these settings are working, but that it is not out putting the visual, so I cannot confirm if it is working.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    899.9 KB · Views: 89
Ok, so I removed the card, updated the settings in the BIOS, and used those boot flags, and it goes further, then it says 'something'=Success (it flashes that and I don't have time to read)

this is a picture of the lines just before it adds a couple more lines and says success. Now, after it says success, the screen goes dark and there is no picture at all. However, the computer stays on and does not restart into windows (which it used to do when it was failing)

I think ink that these settings are working, but that it is not out putting the visual, so I cannot confirm if it is working.

What connection are you using for the monitor ?

I think ink it has to do with the USB Bluetooth dongle. See attached photo.

- - - Updated - - -

HDMI to connect. See post about Bluetooth USB

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    832.9 KB · Views: 85
I think ink it has to do with the USB Bluetooth dongle. See attached photo.

- - - Updated - - -

HDMI to connect. See post about Bluetooth USB

Never mind, it doesn't apparently to be the Bluetooth dongle, same issue when it is removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back