Contribute
Register

Asrock Z87 Extreme4, i7-4770k, EVGA GTX 780ti PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you updated to the 2.70 BIOS?
With the 2.70 BIOS you no longer need to manually patch the BIOS.
So if you are running your Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 on an older BIOS update to 2.70!

Good luck!

BIOS
Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version P2.30
Date 7/3/2013

Apparently not updated.

BIOS
Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version P2.30
Date 7/3/2013

Apparently not updated.

Grab the 2.70 bios from the Asrock website and update to it. Once updated, go back into bios, load defaults then save and reboot again. This should really be done whenever a new bios version is loaded.

Also, in ths bio setup, disable the XMP setting which should drop your ram speed down to 1333.

Thanks for the help, I'll test that now.

Thanks for the help, I'll test that now.
Read the Forum's Rules & Policies.
UNLIKE OTHER INTERNET COMMUNITIES, THESE RULES ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED
Advertising and Solicitation

• Posting any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral is not allowed and will be removed.

Grab the 2.70 bios from the Asrock website and update to it. Once updated, go back into bios, load defaults then save and reboot again. This should really be done whenever a new bios version is loaded.

Also, in ths bio setup, disable the XMP setting which should drop your ram speed down to 1333.

I updated bios, set to defaults, downgraded to 1333 MHz ram, and booted off the USB without boot flags, but now it's hanging on the grey apple boot logo.

I updated bios, set to defaults, downgraded to 1333 MHz ram, and booted off the USB without boot flags, but now it's hanging on the grey apple boot logo.

You should boot with -v and then take a pic of the screen when it stops.

Which boot flags are you using ?

You should boot with -v and then take a pic of the screen when it stops.

Which boot flags are you using ?

None, but I should use the discrete GPU boot flags and -v I assume?

None, but I should use the discrete GPU boot flags and -v I assume?

You should always use -v during installation in case something doesnt work ;)

Do you have the graphics card installed right now, or are you using the in-built graphics to install ?

You should always use -v during installation in case something doesnt work ;)

Do you have the graphics card installed right now, or are you using the in-built graphics to install ?

It would make a lot of sense to always use that.

Using the the graphics card right now, this is the screen it flashes too (I assume affect checking all the system files?)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    731.5 KB · Views: 160
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back