Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead: Please someone help. I can boot through my USB using -X but can't boot through the normal Chimera bootloader as it just shows the Apple Logo with the loading bar. It takes a couple of minutes to get nearly halfway then just stops. I installed the latest Chimera using Multibeast 7. I also tried to install the audio through Mulitbeast but hasn't worked. I also tried to install the ethernet kext using Kext Utility but again it didn't work.

Edit: Solved!

SO, I did a new fresh install of yosemite on my system and figured out the clover boot loader and all is working with no issues! I love this new look as well as everything works! Hope you guys got everything working like I did and is enjoying the new OS upgrade! :)

How did you install clover, in legacy or Uefi mode? I can only in legacy and it is working fine but the slow bootloader. I've read that I should disable "CSM" in the bios to be able to boot it in Uefi, but when I try the PC hangs at boot screen and I can only hit Canc to revert CSM to enable. I'm sure I'm missing something, but what.
Any help would be appreciate.

Wondering it anybody here can give me a hand. This is my first go at loading OS X on to a Intel based PC and I've hit a wall. I can get Yosemite on the SSD using Unibeast no problem but as soon as I use Multibeast when I try to reboot I just get stuck on the Apple logo with a loading bar that doesn't move a inch.

Hardware is a z77e-itx with a 3550K and a GTX 470.

Any help for a first timer would be greatly welcomed.

Wondering it anybody here can give me a hand. This is my first go at loading OS X on to a Intel based PC and I've hit a wall. I can get Yosemite on the SSD using Unibeast no problem but as soon as I use Multibeast when I try to reboot I just get stuck on the Apple logo with a loading bar that doesn't move a inch.

Hardware is a z77e-itx with a 3550K and a GTX 470.

Any help for a first timer would be greatly welcomed.

Can you reboot with '-v' and tell us where it's getting stuck?

I'm using a GTX 570 and I had to remove all of the AppleIntelH* and AMD/ATI video drivers out of S/L/E and rebuild the cache. I assume you're trying to use your GTX and not the intel chip?

I have switched over to the Clover boot loader on my builds.. I am no longer running the Z77E-ITX (board died) but try that and see if it works.

Good luck!

Can you reboot with '-v' and tell us where it's getting stuck?

I'm using a GTX 570 and I had to remove all of the AppleIntelH* and AMD/ATI video drivers out of S/L/E and rebuild the cache. I assume you're trying to use your GTX and not the intel chip?

I have switched over to the Clover boot loader on my builds.. I am no longer running the Z77E-ITX (board died) but try that and see if it works.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply :) I'm using a GTX 470 and I also I created a post to get more replys and its got a picture of the kernal panic so maybe you'll get more information out of it than I can.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ser-kernal-panic-after-multibeast-reboot.html

Thanks! :)

Thanks for the reply :) I'm using a GTX 470 and I also I created a post to get more replys and its got a picture of the kernal panic so maybe you'll get more information out of it than I can.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ser-kernal-panic-after-multibeast-reboot.html

Thanks! :)

It looks like you're trying to boot from the boot loader installed on the HDD and FakeSMC.kext is missing. If you boot the Yosemite partition from the USB boot loader, does it load?

It looks like you're trying to boot from the boot loader installed on the HDD and FakeSMC.kext is missing. If you boot the Yosemite partition from the USB boot loader, does it load?

I tried to again and made sure that FakeSMC.kext was in the S/L/E folder and the Extras/Extensions folder and it still won't boot :< I've done a lot of Googling and found no answers.

Also after I use multibeast it will no longer let me boot from the USB either so I have to do a complete reinstall of OS X every time I try, very annoying.

I posted a screen post in the post linked above of what came up the last time I tried. FakeSMC.kext was definitely present in the correct folders so I'm not sure what could be causing the issue.

The thing is its works fine (apart from the sound not working and the WiFi being awfully slow) before I use multibeast so it must be something I'm doing wrong with that.

I tried to again and made sure that FakeSMC.kext was in the S/L/E folder and the Extras/Extensions folder and it still won't boot :< I've done a lot of Googling and found no answers.

Also after I use multibeast it will no longer let me boot from the USB either so I have to do a complete reinstall of OS X every time I try, very annoying.

I posted a screen post in the post linked above of what came up the last time I tried. FakeSMC.kext was definitely present in the correct folders so I'm not sure what could be causing the issue.

The thing is its works fine (apart from the sound not working and the WiFi being awfully slow) before I use multibeast so it must be something I'm doing wrong with that.

Are you using GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No ?
Post your org.chameleon.Boot.list and Smbios.plist

Are you using GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No ?
Post your org.chameleon.Boot.list and Smbios.plist

I managed to get it to boot without the USB lastnight =D. It was the DSDT attached at the start of the thread, soon as I put that into my Extras folder I get a panic and have to reinstall OSX.

Now all I have to do is sort out my HDMI audio and WiFi speeds :crazy:

Thanks for the help everybody!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back