Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 2.90 Bios Need Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock Z77 Extreme4
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've read and read and read, and I am stuck with an install that is going nowhere. Here are my specs:

AsRock Z77 Extreme4 mobo Unmodified 2.90 Bios (My Windows 8 install is my main OS and I'm wary of modding the bios for fear of messing with my Windows 8 install. The Mountain Lion is going to be set up to accompany my Macbook that our county school system purchased for all of the faculty.)

Intel 3770K i7 Processor
16 Gig Ram
LG Blu-ray Drive (in case it makes any difference, I thought I would include it)
Many Hds including a Windows install on a SSD
The Mac install is on a separate Sata drive

Currently using Integrated gpu.

I began my install using Unibeast (with my purchased Mac App store copy) and created my usb drive.
I successfully installed using it.
Once I rebooted, I received the Apple logo and the spinning progress dots at the bottom, and it never went any further.
I CAN boot with safe boot using -x and run Multibeast, and I installed various drivers and the such, but even after restarting without adding any boot flags, I still receive the Apple logo with progress indicator.

The goal is to have ML successfully boot without booting into safe boot mode, and once I have the kinks worked out, use it occasionally for Final Cut Pro.
I'm fine with changing my boot device after the Bios screen instead of setting up another boot method. Since they are on separate drives, I should just be able to choose the drive that has the OS that I want to use... But maybe I'm wrong?
Any advice would be great! I've held off a bit on posting to read as much as I could, but I only have so much of my weekend left to be able to work on it :cry:

New weekend... more time to attempt.. Any tips?

How is your hackingtos machine now. Not trying to help but I have similar set up with win 8 already on machine and did not want to mess up the windows part. Did you get it done and working now? Your inputs would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back