Contribute
Register

AsRock Z75 Pro 3 DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
2K, make sure bios settings are as per below for HD3000.

BIOS settings
Advance > Advanced\North Bridge Configuration
Primary Graphics Adapter > Onboard (HD3000) PCI (GPU)*
Share Memory > 64MB*
Render Standby > Disabled*

Advanced\South Bridge configuration
Deep Sleep > Enabled in S5*

Advanced Storage Configuration
SATA Mode > AHCI*
Hard disk SMART > Enabled*

ADvanced\Super IO config > Serial Port - Disable

Advanced ACPI conf
Suspend to RAM > Disabled*
ACPI HPET Table > Enabled*
RTC Alarm power on > by OS*
reset of the option here is disabled.

Not so imp settings but runs the build super quite. Once you bootin fans are controlled by OSX.
HW Monitor
CPU FAN > Level 2
Chassis fan settings > Level 4

Use the attached DSDT. Disconnect all the HD except the OSX drive and if you have a spare hard drive try it on the fresh installation.

-

Attachments

• 2k-jacob_DSDT_1.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 176
Okay, will do, does it make a difference that i am using the onboard vga as opposed to the onboard hdmi? there is no dvi on the motherboard.

EDIT: I was not able to boot using these settings, using onboard vga, with this dsdt installed.

2K, VGA port is not supported by OSX. Either you need to use the HDMI or DVI port.

Did you try the sleep with GPU?

2K, VGA port is not supported by OSX. Either you need to use the HDMI or DVI port.

Did you try the sleep with GPU?

I will have to try it with the HDTV, my motherboard doesn't have the DVI and my monitors don't have HDMI. No sleep with the GPU installed

I just noticed that I am using a sandy bridge cpu with a third gen ivy based motherboard. I am going to try the patch for this in multibeast, and try your DSDT again.

2K, no need to use any patched kext from multibeast.
The DSDT i gave you is specifically edits for 2nd CPU running on 7 series motherboard.

FYI - 2nd Gen CPU on 7 series motherboard - Only needs special attention when you use HD3000, using a dedicated GPU will bypass this issue.

Boot the system using HD3000. Connect it to a HD tv using HDMI port and try the sleep.

2K, no need to use any patched kext from multibeast.
The DSDT i gave you is specifically edits for 2nd CPU running on 7 series motherboard.

FYI - 2nd Gen CPU on 7 series motherboard - Only needs special attention when you use HD3000, using a dedicated GPU will bypass this issue.

Boot the system using HD3000. Connect it to a HD tv using HDMI port and try the sleep.

Okay, gotcha. Will do, and I will report back when I try it. Thanks

2K, make sure bios settings are as per below for HD3000.

BIOS settings
Advance > Advanced\North Bridge Configuration
Primary Graphics Adapter > Onboard (HD3000) PCI (GPU)*
Share Memory > 64MB*
Render Standby > Disabled*

Advanced\South Bridge configuration
Deep Sleep > Enabled in S5*

Advanced Storage Configuration
SATA Mode > AHCI*
Hard disk SMART > Enabled*

ADvanced\Super IO config > Serial Port - Disable

Advanced ACPI conf
Suspend to RAM > Disabled*
ACPI HPET Table > Enabled*
RTC Alarm power on > by OS*
reset of the option here is disabled.

Not so imp settings but runs the build super quite. Once you bootin fans are controlled by OSX.
HW Monitor
CPU FAN > Level 2
Chassis fan settings > Level 4

Use the attached DSDT. Disconnect all the HD except the OSX drive and if you have a spare hard drive try it on the fresh installation.

-

Okay, so iI installed the DSDT into the extra folder, repaired disk permissions, and rebooted. took out the 550ti, changed the BIOS settings, and booted into mac. sleep didn't work at all, it ended up going to a white screen. clicking the screen iI was able to log back in. But no sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back