Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z68 Pro3
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Hi everyone,

I’m new to the CustoMac/hackintosh community, and am sorry if this is posted in the wrong subform. I couldn't find any beginner-friendly and not outdated tutorials/posts mentioning these specifications, so I'm asking here.

Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Pro3
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6850

I tried following the installation guide, but the Mojave USB created with UniBeast doesn't seem to be bootable.

Can a recent version of MacOS be installed on this relatively old hardware? If so, could someone point me to some resources to get it working?

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the CustoMac/hackintosh community, and am sorry if this is posted in the wrong subform. I couldn't find any beginner-friendly and not outdated tutorials/posts mentioning these specifications, so I'm asking here.

Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Pro3
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6850

I tried following the installation guide, but the Mojave USB created with UniBeast doesn't seem to be bootable.

Can a recent version of MacOS be installed on this relatively old hardware? If so, could someone point me to some resources to get it working?

Thanks.

Your graphics card won't work with Mojave due to its lack of Metal support, the new Apple graphics framework.

If you can replace your graphics card with a newer AMD card, e.g. RX 560 (except those from XFX), then you should be able to run Mojave on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back