Contribute
Register

Asrock z68 pro3 gen3

Status
Not open for further replies.
the OC if it's done right it does not damage anything
I have a liquid cooling system for this...
thanks for support ;)

Sleep and HDMI Audio both should work. I have already added those edits.

I will post the BIOS settings and multibeast settings in a few, follow it you should have everything working.

Note: 550Ti could be an issue check this thread > http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...00-nvidia-550ti-sleep-wake-freeze-thread.html

I just tried your DSDT, I did encounter a couple odd issues. When using a HDMI cable my monitor would go to sleep before It reaches the login screen. When I switched to DVI to HDMI , monitor was detected , I switched back to HDMI and so far monitor does not go to sleep anymore.

Now I went to see if HDMI audio was working and unfortunately I only see Apple TV Airplay as an option under system settings/ sound . Going to try disconnecting from the network and see if that helps.

Good news is that sleep works

relentless, did you flash the BIOS with the modded BIOS rom? make sure this kext HDAEnabler.kext is not in System/Library/Extension

Change the BIOS settings as i have given and try the attached DSDT. Just copy the attached DSDT to the extra folder and reboot.

-

Attachments

• ASRock Z68 PRO3 GEN3_DSDT.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 238
It works ! thank you ! I can finally sleep :crazy: :clap:

Screen Shot 2012-12-29 at 1.10.16 PM.png

and yeah Im using the samisnake modded bios :D

Great :thumbup:.

Looks like you did not install the Audio kext from multibeast. Along with the HDMI, other Audio outputs should have been visible in the screenshot.
But i know HDMI Audio works OOB using DSDT Audio edits 01 or 03. I don't install Audio kext from multibest as well, coz HDMI is the only output i use and it works OOB for me.

Interesting, I'm pretty sure I did unless repairing permissions got borked somehow after I installed the kext for ALC892. Well anyhow, it works ! that's what counts ! thanks again

Hello guys.
I started this thread but havent repsonded for a long.
I had my mountain lion installed and all working fine exept the 5.1 sound that didnt find a solution.And the buggy usb 3.0 ports.
I did some tests with my windows installs and now i cant boot in my osx drive.I tried a lot of times but nothing.
So i decided to do a clean install.
My motherboard is Asrock z68 pro3 gen3.
Cpu: 2500k oc at 4.2Ghz.
HDD: ocz ssd 60gb
GPU: ATI 5850 1GB.
I used unibeast from VMware mountain lion to fix a usb mountain lion install.
I just install mountain lion 10.8.2 now.
So i want to ask.In the multibeast as i show from previous post:
1)i ll check user dsdt and i ll use MiniITX dsdt,right?
2)i ll check audio and lan driver.
3)1080p
Anything else i need to check from the start?
Ty for ur asnwers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back