Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to install from a retail via the unibeast method, and it goes smooth until i reboot for the first time to the installed partition. At that point it looks like it's going to do something, but it does not.
It just stops at a blank screen with a grey background and the apple logo with the lonely mouse pointer hanging around. And that's all. After a while i can even listen to my hdd shutting himself down.
intel core i3 3.1
no graphic card but the onboard
asus z68 pro3 as mentioned above

not sure if that matters, but the monitor is a cintiq 21 ux last generation via dvi port.
Been reading all night and trying different flags on boot, with no luck
also been reading the boot files and messing around with the terminal, with more or less the same luck.
any ideas?
thanks anyway, most of the similar cases and ideas come from this forum after all xD Unsucesfull, but at least pointing the way...

If i run in -x -v i get stuck even before with a waiting for root device or something like that, but with the PCIRootUID=1 it goes until the frozen screen even in -x mode (without the -x it just goes there)

3000 actually, and it does not seem to be a problem with the instalation, i get pretty graphics and everything all the time. It just wont go further than the logo and mouse after reboot.
Besides, i've been reading about some success cases, so it must be my fault. Probably something pretty stupid XD
but thanks anyway :)

Ok, i see. You know that you have to boot the 1st time after Installation using the UniBeast Stick again and on the Chimera Bootscreen select the Installed OSX HDD?

If you did it w/o the UniBeast anyway, please control your Bios Settings again. May be the settings are resetted to their defaults

and then, while doing so, happens exactly the above described. It seems like it boots ok from hdd install, but then it just stops with a working mouse and a simple grey background with the apple logo. And does not move from there.
Quite stuck.

Bios is checked almost on every run. If it has something wrong, i can't see what.
Tried with -v and many other flags, but the verbose stops after it loads the screen in the attached file, so i can't see anymore logs.
Should i have a graphic card other than the onboard?

Attachments

• IMAG0451.jpg
    IMAG0451.jpg
    579.6 KB · Views: 215
That pic is useless :( I don't understand why it don't show the Log Output. As you wrote in your 1st Post, you were able to install Lion and that went smooth. :eek: Have you typed some Arguments like -x, npci=0x2000 or something at the Bootscreen to install Lion? :rolleyes:

First of all, I am experiencing the exact same behavior with the exact same board as you. I've been continuously trying to get a stable system working again since last week when I noticed the same described behavior.

Although I still consider myself new to the hackintosh world. I built up the ASrock Z68 Pro3 starting June 2011 with base SL disc and through many updates, dl'd LION from Apps store and upgraded to 10.7.2. I used that build to make a Unibeast USB Installer for my 4530s as well. Everything was fine until I tried to "fix" my system. Safari or Chrome would occasionally hang and require a force quit. I had been DSDT free since I was not using a "golden" MB.

I have my HDD cloned to an exact copy so I decided to upgrade to the newly released Unibeast 1.1 and perform a new, fresh, LION install from my USB. I upgraded the BIOS from 1.2 to 1.5. Since I'm upgrading, I notice that olaria has a DSDT patch for this board. I boot into windows and run the DSDTeditor to extract my unpatched DSDT and apply the patch which clears all errors. Recompile and save. Boot from Unibeast 1.1 Lion USB and perform a clean install of Lion. Boot to Lion HDD using my rBoot 1.1 and see the low-res apple logo with progress looper below, after several seconds, the resolution gets much better with a different style logo. The one seen in the prior post by lost_by_choice. The mouse was not frozen but I could not get past this screen. Hard-rebooted and selected -v so I could see what was going on and after all the text dumping, still dropped me at the same high-res apple screen. I needed to take a video and extract a screenshot just prior to the grey screen appearance. See attached.

I have since ruined my one and only Unibeast Lion USB so I am back at square 1 with snow leopard 10.6 and currently trying to update to 10.6.8 but am having no success.

I am sorry that I don't add a lot of value to the thread currently with my story but I won't give up until I have my hackintosh back. I'll update with any good news.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2012-02-16-17h11m14s8.png
    vlcsnap-2012-02-16-17h11m14s8.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 246
if you refer to the first time, for the installation, nope, i did not type anything, it just installed. Yep, the pic and the screen does not tell a bit about what going on, that's why i´m stuck XDDD Tried to see some kind of crash log using the utilities in the installation, and by looking in a terminal, but i didn't know too well what to search. I will try to record a video to explain myself better. I did try those arguments with pretty much the same result (but the -x, wich doesn't go that further; instead it keeps telling waiting for root device, unless i add other flags aswell, like the PCIRootUID one)

As for you, faceoff8, glad to hear i'm not alone (no, not that glad, it would be less funnier but a lot more desirable to know why does it work like that and how to fix it, but at least i know i'm not mad XDD)!
So you DO get it working from a snow leopard system via upgrading, at least once?. I've read of a few other people who did that aswell, so it must be possible to do a clean install somehow.

thanks anyway so far. Tomorrow i will try another method too in case it has something to do with the unibeast itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back