Graphics
iGPu
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been trying for a couple of days to get this up and running with Catalina.

So far have tried Unibeast and Opencore. I have tried using every Z490 EFI that I can find in this site and attempting to boot. ( I installed Catalina onto a NVMe from my real Mac mini 2014. I have always found this easier and had less trouble using Clover to get machines to boot.)

Unibeast stops at the +++++++++++++++ . I have fooled with just about every combo of settings in clover and have tried with Clover config to mess with it further with zero success. It always fails at the +++.

Opencore had gotten further but not by much. I get past the hang, but it stops at "Apple NVm". just after the PCI device start.

I am wondering if anyone has any other EFI files to throw my way that I will try. I am running out of ideas but will keep bulldozing thru it.

The board is nice and the Thunderbolt 2 card (HP - Intel TB2 from eBay) and the Thunderbolt 3 card (Asus TB3 from eBay) both work. The TB2 card works 100%, but he TB3 card has worked about 75% of the time with turning the screen on.

Bios settings I have tried is VT-d off, secure boot - off, XHCI- tried both on and off, CSM to off, AHCI mode not Raid, Fast boot off, Audio- on and off, network- on and off, onboard video or PCI-e video card (didn't make any difference). I have tried two different NVMe's- a WD black and an Inland. Tried four different brands of DDR4 from 2400 to 3200 using one stick and dual channel in different slots- no difference.

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0853.jpeg
    IMG_0853.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 166
I tried an EFI I found but was so unstable that I removed the link. Still trying

I prefer Unibeast and Clover over opencore.

Last edited:
After a while and trying unsuccessfully. I returned the board out of frustration.

I exchanged it for an Asus Z490m-Plus. Had the exact same issues. OMFG...

Found this and the it worked- not all yet. But it booted and playing around, it works so far ISH. I couldn't get a stable boot before.

I am amazed it actually booted. I just used Nazrm's EFI and it booted. I can't try the AsRock board, but it might work.

Just FYI. It is open core, but it booted. I am praying and lit a candle hoping that Multibeast will work when the new update comes out.

Sorry to switch boards, but it might work for both.

https://github.com/xuanquydsr/z490m-pro4-10700k-hackintosh did u see dat? mb this help to you.
i have the same spec. asrock z490m pro4 + i9 10900k + Saphire rx 5700 xt Nitro Plus + EVO 970 Plus 2 TB and 32 GB Ram. Still cant start booting. But i have no time on it. Waiting for a weekends.

Mine has been working using the Gigabyte EFI open core. The only problem I found is that the bios reports safe mode when you shutdown and reboot via the MacOS. You have to turn it on, get the safe mode warning in the bios and then push the reset button. It reboots and everything is fine. Mine stays on 24/7 so it isn't an issue.

I suppose my BIOS config incorrect

Something about a Russian site. Oooo, yeah..... Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back