Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z390M PRO 4
CPU
I9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Hey guys, this is my first customac build. i spend a lot of time here on the forum to be "prepared" for the first install, but no success. so i decided to post this topic.

this is my hw setup:

Corsair 88r carbide series Case
Toughpower 750w gold
Asrock Z390M Pro 4 Mainboard
Intel I9-9900K
Thermaltake 3.0 extreme S Set
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB
Ballistix x16GB ddr4-2666
Pioneer BD-RW

first, i have updated the BIOS version to 1.50 to be sure that the MB recognizes the 9. gen CPU.

then i made the settings in bios for mojave installation,
but the asrock bios hasn't the "load opt. Settings feature", no "OS type: other OS" found in the setting.
Chipset → IOAPIC 24-119 Entries : Enabled (also missing).

next i created the mojave installer for UEFI with unibeast 9 on a macbook air successful and followed the install guide here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/

it seems to work, but it freeze at the end of the process, the status bar is at 100%. tried it 2 times, but still same result.

then i found this topic here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i9-9900k-z390-aorus-pro-dual-vega-64s.264948/

i made almost the same modifications like blouse in his build, except the graphic settings because no AMD, and no USB settings because there are only the i/o from case itself.

choosing the "boot mac os installer" at the clover menu, this time echo is off (if echo is the same name for the function like in windows) and it shows a lot of informations, one of these info is that something failed with NVRAM. but the process ends after 2 minutes.
i'm going to make a picture of it in a few minutes

can somebody help? i'm a windows user for many many years, no experience with OSX (only ios^^).

the final idea is to have OSX on the SSD, AND win10 on a HDD (for specific AUDIO software i'm using, maybe on a second SSD next moth). with the option to choose every time i start the pc.
..sorry for my grammar, i hope you can read this post :)

Thanks

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Nvidia cards limited to High Sierra?

@skopp0 hope you get it sorted, wish I knew more about NVRAM so I could help guide you.

Good luck

My recommendation is strictly trial an error here, but what worked with my Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro was OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and EmuVariableUefi64.efi. EmuVariableUefi64.efi will emulate NVRAM and allow your install to finish, as well as assist with iMessage & iCloud. Now the trial and error part: not all OsxAptioFix are created equal, and some work on certain boards while others won't come close. Based on what i've read previously about ASRock boards and their needs, I'd suggest starting with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.

@blouse:
yes youre right. i selected onboard graphics as default in bios and running dvi onboard. this time nothing about nvram in log, it freeze at "pci configuration.. ".

at the unibeast setup, uefi or legacy, the info box under the icons says "legacy for all other bios". maybe an option?

@ MESwan: how can i change that?

Attachments

• IMG_3491.JPG
    IMG_3491.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 390
@blouse:
yes youre right. i selected onboard graphics as default in bios and running dvi onboard. this time nothing about nvram in log, it freeze at "pci configuration.. ".

at the unibeast setup, uefi or legacy, the info box under the icons says "legacy for all other bios". maybe an option?

@ MESwan: how can i change that?

Your case need ASROCK BIOS DSDT Clover Patch to get pass that problem,

config.plist > ACPI > Patches , add the following

Code:
Comment: anything you like
Find       : A00A9353 54415301
Replace  : A00A910A FF0BFFFF

i made the settings with cloverconfigurator, still freeze. startet clover with "verbose", take a look at the pic

Attachments

• IMG_3495[1].JPG
    IMG_3495[1].JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 319
better upload your config.plist and kext (drivers64uefi) used list, else pic is not shown any detail thing

these files are in the folder:
"ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi" "AppleImageCodec-64.efi" "AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi" "AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi" "AppleUITheme-64.efi" "AptioMemoryFix-64.efi" "DataHubDxe-64.efi" "FirmwareVolume-64.efi" "FSInject-64.efi" "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" "PartitionDxe-64.efi" "SMCHelper-64.efi" "VBoxHfs-64.efi"
the config file is untouched from the unibeast installer creation (only the acpi setting changed that you recommended before)

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 228
these files are in the folder:
"ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi" "AppleImageCodec-64.efi" "AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi" "AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi" "AppleUITheme-64.efi" "AptioMemoryFix-64.efi" "DataHubDxe-64.efi" "FirmwareVolume-64.efi" "FSInject-64.efi" "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" "PartitionDxe-64.efi" "SMCHelper-64.efi" "VBoxHfs-64.efi"
the config file is untouched from the unibeast installer creation (only the acpi setting changed that you recommended before)

From your config.plist, I can't see you hv added the patch?
Maybe try this if you like, just add the patch there

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 263
You absolutely need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in your EFI/Clover/drivers64uefi folder. Based on what your screenshot says, that will fix your issue almost immediately. EmuVariableUefi-64.efi emulates NVRAM for macOS, which is where you're failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back